Kewl girl guitar player

Doodoobubbachuck

Maidens' drums
Aug 2, 2002
theironmaidens.com
Check this out. Neat! Her name is Vicki Genfen. Anyone heard of her?

Vicki Genfan of Fairview, NJ, was voted 2008 “Guitar Superstar” by Guitar Player Magazine in a competition held in San Francisco’s historic Great American Music Hall, beating out nine other contestants and becoming the first woman to win the honor. Celebrity judges included Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Elliott Easton (The Cars) and others. Genfan used a variety of techniques including finger picking, use of chords, alternating between octaves and harmonics and a two-handed use of the fret board - seemingly all at the same time. In addition to her trophy and an article in Guitar Player Magazine, Genfan will receive a prize package valued more than $12,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like she listened to a lot of Michael Hedges, yet combined tapping styles of Satriani.

The real question is when will you be kidnapping her, flying her to LA and making her fill the Heather slot?

Oh yeah, Aerial Boundaries on Windham Hill...I played that album into the ground when it came out....Can't believe he died so needlessly though.

I hope you had a chance to see him live like I did. He was absolutely amazing! Beautiful is the best word to describe it. You can tell this girl here listened to Michale Hedges.

Michael Hedges is not only very technically advanced, but very spiritual. A very unique guitar player that I wish was more well known.

Oh, I thought that Kaki King was the only woman doing all of that incredibly hard stuff on acoustic guitar. They both have a very similiar style / sound.