Key Plugin's

IonD357

New Metal Member
Mar 19, 2011
Ok so i posted on here awhile about asking for help on things. I am still in my starting phase getting everything together to be able to get going. What are some of the key plug in's to buy. I see on here a lot of people use vcc and trigger. I have been looking into the waves stuff and even the uad stuff. And no one mention mercury lol i am to broke to buy that lol. And if anyone has any idea's on any free plug in's out there that would be very helpful as well. Oh by the way i have Reaper and Cubase 5

The plugins included in both DAWs are great, you could check out all the Variety of Sound plugins, they're great and free too. Last but not least are the free ampsims from LePou, Onqel and many others, check these out too.

The only thing I've spent money on were Ownhammer and Recabinet IRs. Everything else I use, I DL'd for free. Reaper, Lecto, TSE tube screamer...

After you download the free amp sim's or buy a plug in for that matter. How do you get them to show up in with all of the other stock plug in's

You need to direct your DAW to the folder where all your plugins are stored.

I'm thinking about buying some plugins as well, but I'm still fairly new and trying to work with stock plugins for the time being until I can maybe get some paying work. I am honestly still using the "trial" version of Reaper so I should start by licensing that before anything.