Keyboardist who can shred v. please come in!

JonWormwood

Jun 16, 2007
Jax, Fl
I'm looking for a dude, or dudette to help with some keyboard shred. All I can do now I program and I"m just running up some scales and shit. If I did my own thing to it, I would sound like me fucking playing guitar... through a synth.

Here's the current song we are working on-

Key solo is around 1:25 (you can hear my shitty programmed one I did real quick) :lol:

https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/616503/In Hell Looking Up 1.mp3

Soooo yeahhhh

Hell if anyone wants a shot at programming, that'd be awesome. :lol:

I'm looking for a dude, or dudette to help with some keyboard shred. All I can do now I program and I"m just running up some scales and shit. If I did my own thing to it, I would sound like me fucking playing guitar... through a synth.

There's your answer, from the OP ;)

from what i can see he seems to want someone to program a keyboard solo and send him the MIDI track. Orrr play a solo and send him the MIDI, i couldn't really see him complaining about that either

Hey, I actually had time to listen to the song, go figure!

What's wrong with the synth parts? :) Apart from the harpsichord (I just don't like it that much anymore..), everything sounded appropriate for the genre to me (if that's what you were aiming for). Yeah, ok, slightly mechanical (esp. the harpsichord) but you could go and, for example, edit some human element into it by going off grid mode and just slightly nudging notes randomly by a few ms. And randomize the velocity slightly, that might also work. Make it sloppy!

I know my limits for what I can play and this kind of stuff... uuh.. well, gimme a few months!

Oh yeah, the strings sounded a bit too General MIDI to me.. ;)

Here is a good trick you can use when you want to shred on the keyboard.

Set your synthpatch or softsynthpatch to a max ployphony of 1.
Then hold in your sustain pedal at all times and go wild!
Instant cool-sounding shred :)

I think he means he wants a different flavor of solo'ing style, buy I could be wrong!

This.

from what i can see he seems to want someone to program a keyboard solo and send him the MIDI track. Orrr play a solo and send him the MIDI, i couldn't really see him complaining about that either

Whatever works for me.

Hey, I actually had time to listen to the song, go figure!

What's wrong with the synth parts? :) Apart from the harpsichord (I just don't like it that much anymore..), everything sounded appropriate for the genre to me (if that's what you were aiming for). Yeah, ok, slightly mechanical (esp. the harpsichord) but you could go and, for example, edit some human element into it by going off grid mode and just slightly nudging notes randomly by a few ms. And randomize the velocity slightly, that might also work. Make it sloppy!

I know my limits for what I can play and this kind of stuff... uuh.. well, gimme a few months!

Oh yeah, the strings sounded a bit too General MIDI to me.. ;)

Thanks for checking it out :kickass:

Yeah, I was messing around with the random velocity function in cubase and it definitely makes a difference.

I'm just using Reason 4 with some presets and tweaking them a bit although I have no fucking clue what I"m doing really.

What soft/hardware are you currently using?

Here is a good trick you can use when you want to shred on the keyboard.

Set your synthpatch or softsynthpatch to a max ployphony of 1.
Then hold in your sustain pedal at all times and go wild!
Instant cool-sounding shred :)

rofl

I'm just using Reason 4 with some presets and tweaking them a bit although I have no fucking clue what I"m doing really.

What soft/hardware are you currently using?

Hey, tweaking away is the way I learned! :)

Here's what I used on the latest album: Korg Triton Extreme, Roland XV-5050, Clavia Nord Electro II, Clavia Nord Lead 2x (loaned from work!), Roland SH-2000, Korg Wavestation EX, Yamaha AN1x, Akai SG01v, MAM MB3.

That about covers my collection.. almost. No softsynths on this album. :Smug:

Hey, I've got some free time on my hands this coming weekend, so if you want, you could send me some MIDI files and I could try and come up with some sounds for you. No promises, mind!
(<- lazy bastard)