Keyboardist....

Soundscape

Sep 16, 2002
Maplewood, MN
allmediareviews.blogspot.com
Last week I chatted with Tom Brislin who played keys for Yes last yr and Meatloaf in the past. Now Tom has his own band playing some gigs opening up for The Violent Femmes on tour. But he just got back and is in NJ where lives playing some gigs he told me. I asked him about the keyboard duty for Enchant but he was either too busy or ignored my remark about it at the time. If anyone from Enchant has AOL Instant Messenger his ID is "TeeBriz".

I also just emailed Tracy Vera from Metalblade Rec. about trying to contact Ed Roth.

Hope this will help. Any news about other keyboardists who might be able to tour with Enchant?

Kyle

Kyle

Thanks for doing this. We really appreciate your efforts and enthusiasim. Your too cool. Keep in mind that whoever it might be should probably live close by! rolleyes:

We get togather often here and our a very close group. We can still do the hired gun thing but would really like to start playing live a lot! grin:

The good news is that there have been a few promising people contacting Doug lately but as always it all needs to fall into place! Cross your fingers we may be close :lol:

EP

I talked with Doug back in August about the gig and was working towards doing an audition, but I live a few hundred miles south of where the band is located, so maybe Doug gave up on the idea of using me :), and it's been a few years since I've played with a group, but I do practice fair bit. If you are interested you can hear some 8 track garage recordings at ftp.rygannong.com/pub/Song/

I'm also the owner of www.progrock.com where we have Enchant in rotation. I love the band, and I think it would have been a good fit for my style, but not sure about uprooting the family to the bay area.

Shawn Gordon
www.progrock.com

Shawn

I saw your other response as well and have been meaing to respond back.

Hey the distance thing is key for us! A hundred miles in tough! :)
And uprooting is even tougher! We have actaully had quite a few guys contact Doug but they are all too far away!

Hey that is really great you have us in the rotation! much appreciated! I will check out those recordings! and Progrock.com!

Ed

the track "Paint me while I dance", which is not terribly progressive, is something that you would absolutely rock on given your style, I sing on that one too by the way :).

I gotta say, it is way cool that you participate so much in this forum, it really gives the fans a kick to be able to "talk" with you :).

best,
shawn

Very cool Shawn I like it and the title is way cool!

Hey progressive is only one part of it all! I listen to everything!

and the kick is mine talking with all of you! we are lucky to be able to do that! all of us!

Keep playing those boards!

I can't believe that it 's that hard to find a keyboard player especially here in the US. I was actually wondering : Doug mentionned in the ad posted on the website that the keyboard player must be between 27 & 37.

Allow me to think that is doesn't help you that much, I totally understand that there might a conflict of generations or whatever but It might screw some opportunities for "young" keyboards player to play with you...
:confused:

Ze Dan

Dan

Hey we had thought about that and your right. But hey we were totally flexible on the age thing! It is just being able to do the job? and fit in! I think we are very close though!

It is harder than you might think! Who ever it is needs to be here in the area for sure! or willing to relocate! and that is difficult!

Keep your fingers crossed!

EP