Keyboards???

opeth9999

Dec 23, 2001
Muskegon, MI
Visit site
I want to get a keyboard that is a workstaion and is in the price range of $500 - $800 sales price or on ebay. I have basically narrowed it down to 2 keyboards the 2 would be the Roland XP 50 and the Korg N364. They sell for about the same price and I have heard what they sound like and everything like that but I have never played on any of those two. But for the strings and Brass those are the two keyboards I have been recommend by a lot of people but I can not choose between them. There are up's and downs about both keyboard. One up for the Korg N364 is that is very easy to use and the strings are just as good as the ones on the Trition (Spelled it wrong) but one down is the sounds of the pianos and it is not expandable. One up for the Roland XP 50 is that it is expandable and it has great sounds one down is that the sequencer is supposed to be very hard to work. I dont know which one to get can you guys help me?

I have a Korg X3, which was the precursor to the N364, and I'm very happy with it. It's got a few different piano sounds, and some of them are pretty lame, but I really like the 16' piano sound. And you can alter the sounds somewhat to improve them a bit.
Unfortunately I can't make a comparison to the Roland, because I never used it extensively. But if you won't get easily frustrated trying to figure the sequencer out, you might be better off with the one with the sounds you like better. For me, if the sequencer was too complicated I wouldn't take the time to figure it out and it would be a waste of my money.

I was asking one of my friends and he says if I can get a instrucion manuel with the Roland XP 50 I should get that because there are actual band who use the Xp 50 like Bal Sagoth on Battle Magic and Dark Traquility on Haven but he uses the XP 30 but they have the same sounds.