kick trigger malfunction? urgent help needed

Jan 23, 2006
hey guys, im recording right now and my kick trigger is being messed up....

i record the trigger splats, then soundreplace the splats to get my drum sounds (on this occasion anyway) but now, my kick trigger, instead of recording a nice sharp spike, it looks like a long messy waveform. when i listen to the trigger splat channel, it sounds as if there is static. like my mic cable is shot....but its not, ive tried 4 different mic cables, that all work. could my trigger just be shot? or what?

Ian

a trigger signal should look like a waveform...it basically is a piezo-mic, so it's capzuring the heads swinging (not only the first impact)...but it's got less bleeding.

if the waveform is really messy and too long check your settings on the input, are you compressing it......?

thanks alot andy, i just went out and got another one, i need one anyway for dual kicks, but i didnt even realize i had my gain almost all the way up on the preamp to make it even reach near the levels i need. as soon as i hooked up the new trigger, all my problems went away, where can i get the transducers? from Ddrum?