Kickass!!! APC/Mars Volta

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I'm going to see A Perfect Circle with a friend in Phoenix, and then again here in San Francisco a few days later. They are one of my favorite bands...and now I see that Mars Volta is opening. Fucking A!!! So few cool bills happen like that - two good bands.

Any bay area folks going?

Barefoot, sorry...I just saw your question today.....tickets go on sale this Saturday, the 25th. Not sure on prices, but was gonna look today.

The Mars Volta would utterly destroy APC in concert. APC are good, but nothing special, while TMV are definitely one of the strongest "new" bands right now. I also hear they are amazing live...I've seen a video of a full show and it was awesome to say the least...insane drum solos and experimentation.

BTW, donkho, Taxco rules :p I have relatives over there, so I go every year :)

Yeah....I was gonna do the presale too, but it's all General Admission...so the hell with it I figure. I'll just get 'em Saturday. They force you to use UPS delivery through the company they are using....which is 5 bucks....plus a 3 dollar charge on top of the price. Not to be, you know, cheap. Only that I've bought tickets already to the upcoming Metallica and Opeth shows.....and am going to see APC in Phoenix as well.....so gotta keep it cheap.

Azogue said:
The Mars Volta would utterly destroy APC in concert. APC are good, but nothing special, while TMV are definitely one of the strongest "new" bands right now. I also hear they are amazing live...I've seen a video of a full show and it was awesome to say the least...insane drum solos and experimentation.

BTW, donkho, Taxco rules :p I have relatives over there, so I go every year :)

thats great but i dont think APC it's just "good" :err:

GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAT is the word
hail Maynard :worship:

Mars Volta too of course :loco:

ElectricWiz said:
Yeah....I was gonna do the presale too, but it's all General Admission...so the hell with it I figure. I'll just get 'em Saturday. They force you to use UPS delivery through the company they are using....which is 5 bucks....plus a 3 dollar charge on top of the price. Not to be, you know, cheap. Only that I've bought tickets already to the upcoming Metallica and Opeth shows.....and am going to see APC in Phoenix as well.....so gotta keep it cheap.

Yeah...I would have waited too but....they sold out last time they were here (so I've heard) and seeing them is a priority...the delivery charge kinda sucks but...at least it wasn't through Ticketmaster! You'll end up paying more probably with their propensity for charging ~40% of the ticket price in surcharges...

Triste said:
Yeah...I would have waited too but....they sold out last time they were here (so I've heard) and seeing them is a priority...the delivery charge kinda sucks but...at least it wasn't through Ticketmaster! You'll end up paying more probably with their propensity for charging ~40% of the ticket price in surcharges...
You know, you may just be right about this. I went ahead and got my San Francisco ticket presale afterall. However, I went to get the Phoenix tickets (have to get three)....but they were "sold out". Still, that just means sold out presale....so I should be able to get those tomorrow morning via Ticketmaster. Hope I didn't miss an opportunity for kickass seats though.....uh oh.