Kiko Loureiro

Shadow_Island

Jan 17, 2004
East
Has anyone seen the Angra DVD?

Kiko Loureiro is technically the best guitarist i have ever seen, he playing live is extreamelly tight. I havent heard Micheal Romeo live but fans of Romeo, Becker and Laiho should check out Angra.

I have the Angra DVD and, first off, that is a REALLY good DVD and I would highly recommend it. In terms of Kiko, the DVD actually brought my opinion of him down a bit from when I saw them at Prog Power where he did an obsurd sweeping solo and tapping style piece. On the DVD I actually thought he was a bit sloppy and could have had better feel. Plus his tone bugs me cause you can tell it easily masks mistakes. With that DVD I actually found a better appreciation for Bittencourt. even though he kindof plays second fiddle, his parts are so well composed and appropriate for the song. Plus he is really really accurate. MJR still wipes the floor with both of them, but they are definitly both amazing guitarists. The thing that stuck out most with that DVD, however, is Edu's voice. My lord can that guy hit a note true and full and just fill the house without screaming or anything. He is a super talented singer.

Loureiro! YEAH, that guy rlz! I'm from Brazil and here we have a lot of workshops w Kiko and Bittencourt as well,,, the fast tappings with more than one finger (3 fingers and sometimes 4 fingers!!!) of the right (picking) hand is one of the things that kiko can do very acurrate,, Awesome!!! check this video ! http://melquicabral.sites.uol.com.br/duelo.WMV (right click and save target as...)

Angra dvd is awesome. :worship: Kiko is definately a very talented guitarist. I taught him all he knows

Shadow_Island said:
Thanks alot....it is a vid of Kiko's workshop thing?
Well, I found another but don't work again :err: , yeah I'm not that good in server things... so, the video is a instrumental version of Nova Era by bittencourt and loureiro :headbang: at the beginning of "workshop thing" , if you still want I can send for by icq or whatever