Killer tour coming to Utah!

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
Dimmu Borgir, Nevermore, Children of Bodom and Hypocricy!!!!

December 3rd @ Bricks

If you live here in Utah, you can understand the excitement... we don't get SHIT for good metal tours here, so when something like this comes through town, it's pretty big deal. :Spin:

..too bad we won't get the call to open if they need a local opener, although it would be nice to get some exposure here, local promoteres don't/won't acknowlage our exsistance. :ill:

regardless, I'll be there with my horns in the air! :hotjump:

\m/
Dustin

your in luck Demon ol' buddy.....

Nov. 07 - Showplace Theater - Buffalo, NY

Also... there is a very remote possibility that I'll be out that way (Allantown, PA) in October...and it will more than likely be during the time Helloween is playing, if so, I'll be in NY for that!

\m/
Dustin

Dustin said:
your in luck Demon ol' buddy.....

Nov. 07 - Showplace Theater - Buffalo, NY

Also... there is a very remote possibility that I'll be out that way (Allantown, PA) in October...and it will more than likely be during the time Helloween is playing, if so, I'll be in NY for that!

\m/
Dustin

Cool sh!t....see you in NYC for HELLOWEEN!!! We'll drink those beers we keep talking about!!!! :puke:

wow... is the same Dimmu Borgir as I saw last year (and own 3 cd's from)...

I'm really happy for you, but the second thing (besides the olympics) SLC is known for is quite the opposite of what DB is singing about...

Anyway: if you can take a look at the drums of DB: Nick Barker is hella fast, I only saw some vague white blur at the position of the hands.

But if that show is as kick-ass as the one I visited: you'll have a great gig!

There's a recording of the gig I attended online:
http://pages.vpro.nl/3voor12/artists/artist.shtml?2534202+2584688+2584508+3625439

Click on the 'speaker' icon under "Dimmu Borgir live op Lowlands 2002" (real player required). Below that one is a video of Mourning palace at the same gig)

Yes, DB definatly sings about things that are quite the opposite from what many people that live in Salt Lake City (or Utah in general) belive in... that's what makes it so intereseting that they are coming!
:devil:

Just watching the video that you had linked is getting me very excited to see them live, I have no doubt it will be a great live performance.

Nick is also an absolutly amazing drummer, who I would put up in the ranks with other fast/technical drummer such as Gene Hoglan or Ricahrd Christy. Nick's drumming is facinating, accurate and fast!!!
:OMG:

I also enjoyed his drumming on the new Old Man's Child album (I am becoming a very big fan of OMC and Galders writting style) "In Defiance of Existance". Nick is much more experimental and fluid on that album than he is on his other efforts. His cymbal work alone on that album is mind blowing...very fast hands indeed!

\m/
Dustin

By the way: isn't alcohol illegal in Utah? (Heard something about that.)

If so: does the organization know they're dealing with SCANDINAVIANS???

Syrion said:
By the way: isn't alcohol illegal in Utah? (Heard something about that.)

If so: does the organization know they're dealing with SCANDINAVIANS???

:tickled:
It's funny you bring this up, I was talking to someone in Sweden about this on the Running Wild forum today! :p

no... Alcohol is NOT illegal in Utah, we have plenty of alcohol here to go around... especally for Scandanavians. :Spin: And if we didn't have it, I would bootleg it in some just for them!

Although, we have a lower Alcohol content by volume (for beer anyway), Most places in America it is 6% by volume, but in Utah it is 3.2%, so you have to actually drink twice as much here to get a good buzz.

Alas, I have a friend, Christian, in Holland, who brought me an Eindhovense bok from Holland while playing in Chicago... and that beer nearly kicked my ass! :ill: good stuff! I have to be careful when I drink outside of Utah, my tolorance is much lower and I (as well as the rest of the band) can get drunk pretty quick! o_O

we have some really good beers here that are brewed at small pubs... I may have to sneak them a nice Wasatch ale to try.

\m/
Dustin

The Jesterman said:
We don't get good tours? Anthrax and Lamb Of God were just here not long ago and they kicked ass. Both of them

I probably should restate myself...

We do get good concerts here, like the one you mentioned, in fact, Arch Enemy will be playing here on Sept. 6th! Unfunortuantly...we'll be in Atlanta... along with Arch Enemy's opening act, who will not be playing the Salt LAke show for this very reason :Spin: None the less, there have been some good ones this year

BUT...
They are few and far between. This year seems to be a bit of an oddity, last year there wasn't shit. Also, I am pretty open to seeing many diffrent metal tours, and it seems we only get a majority of death/black/metacore shows here... the prog/power tours pass Utah up all the time as a general rule... the last one being Iced Earth/Nevermore/Destiny's End nearly four years ago. :ill:

the Queensryche/Dream Theater/Fates Warining show passed us...and I'll be flying to New York to See Helloween/Jag Panzer/Beyond The Embrace since it isn't coming through here.

\m/
Dustin

I'm from the Netherlands myself (note: Holland is two provinces combined, Eindhoven is located in the province Noord-Brabant) and I have to say that most heavy beers seems to be brewed in Belgium or Germany. (I've seen beers of 12% or stronger, if you're coming to Amsterdam please drop me a note so I can give you directions for some beershop with hundreds of different beers.)

But, I don't like beer or alcohol myself and I've never been drunk or will be.

To me it seems to be happening every where, not just where you guys are located. Here in Texas alot of the clubs are closing down, and alot of bands are just simply left witout places to play. Hell one of the coolest clubs here is being torn down to make room for a Home Depot, that is sad.
Maybe Utah just does not have the places for these bands to play, or there is not enough people to turn out to them for it to be worth the trip.