Killing in the Name of Balls (need comments on my bands demo!)

botus99

Microphone Assassin
May 20, 2007
Chicago suburbs
Hey guys! First off I'd like to kiss some ass and say that you guys have really boosted my abilities in mixing; you guys seriously kick ass :headbang:

BUT of course theres always room for improvement (especially in my case :lol:). This is my latest mix for my band's demo that were gonna be plastering everywhere we possibly can in the coming months. We're called War Zombie Balls of Destruction and we have a pretty large fan base for a band thats only played 3 gigs (thanks to a song I wrote with a chant of "suck my balls" for the chorus. Balls seem to be a crowd pleaser around here :cool:)

Anyways, heres my mix....
Killing In The Name of Balls

I triggered Slate samples on the drums, guitar suite TS and JCM900 on guitars (except the solo is a miced Laney 4x12 w/ a SM57 pointed towards the edge of the speaker), and AmpegSVT on the bass. Vox were done through a Shure KSM32... they are what I'm most concerned with at the moment (something just sounds off I think).

ANY comments would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to be harsh, blunt, or hell... even rude :lol: Thanks buds :worship:

:lol:
this rules :headbang:

I'd have to agree the vocals are a bit loud but I think they fit well with this thrashy-punk type jam. For now i'm stuck listening on my fiance's crap computer speakers but I'll listen again as soon as I get the m1's powered up.

Hey there,

In my ears this sounds like a good balanced mix, everything is clear so I can hear every note. good job! like the refrain very much.

gr, jee