KILLING TOUCH - THE TOUCH! (Michele Luppi) MONSTROUS MUST HEAR!

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
Without a shadow of a doubt this will be in my top 5 of 2009 if not the # 1 spot itself.

Michele Luppi has assembled a band that believe it or not surpasses Vision Divine!

Look for a review on my website later this week and I'll update this thread then. Here is a excerpt from my review. "A little bit of Prog, a little bit of power, a little bit of hard rock, and a whole lot of MELODY!"

In the meantime here is the official pages, and next week May 20 between 7-10 PM EST I will be showcasing the disc on my radio show!

http://www.killingtouch.com

http://www.myspace.com/killingtouch

Yeah Top 5. Have you heard the entire CD?

This album hits me like Dream Theaters "Images And Words" did when I first heard it as well as Pagan's Minds "Celestial Entrance". I think its that damn good. It has the best of all 3 of my favorite genres (Power/Prog/Hard rock), and Michele Luppi is an amazing singer. The lead guitarist of this band is fuckin killer!

What do YOU think is top 5 material so far this year since my opinion is so laughable. Just curious.

Yeah...This might be a top 5 for sure! I knew it would be good but I did not expect this to crush as much as it does! Awesome melodic metal with some prog flare!

I haven't heard this disc yetgoing by the two tracks on Myspace, I can definitely see this being top 5 metal albums of the year. Entirely because of Luppi, though. :kickass:

Yeah Top 5. Have you heard the entire CD?

This album hits me like Dream Theaters "Images And Words" did when I first heard it as well as Pagan's Minds "Celestial Entrance". I think its that damn good. It has the best of all 3 of my favorite genres (Power/Prog/Hard rock), and Michele Luppi is an amazing singer. The lead guitarist of this band is fuckin killer!

What do YOU think is top 5 material so far this year since my opinion is so laughable. Just curious.

I guess I'll have to tune in on the 20th.

I love the other 2 albums you mentioned but I just can't see how they could compare to those. Maybe after a few more listens (not on the crappy MySpace player) I will feel differently? I agree, Michele is a great singer and the guitarist does sound awesome (are you happy now?) :p

The new Pathosray album is the only one that came out this year that I can say will definitely be "Top 5". The new Dream Theater also sounds very promising.......

Great vocalist, few tracks I heard sound good. Top 5? I doubt it. There's too many good albums that came out this year and top this. Then again, I have yet to hear the whole album. Whatever it is, it's seems like a solid record.

Actually, it's not a must hear. You can't make me.

:lol: Especially after the pathetic, god-awful, despicable solo record he released a few years ago. It's gotta be one of the most uninspired, boring AOR albums ever made. I think he's a great vocalist, but that album was truly one of the worst things I've ever heard.

Hmm... you talk about it like its the best album in years, up there with your favorites of all time, but only saying top 5 of this year? That leaves me confused.

I like what I've heard.

Hmm... you talk about it like its the best album in years, up there with your favorites of all time, but only saying top 5 of this year? That leaves me confused.

Confused how? Like others have stated its early in the year. Theres a whole lot of music still to come out in 2009. I can't forsee more than 4 other albums coming out this year that hit me like this one but that doesnt mean its not possible. Maybe theres that band lurking in the shadows that comes out and surprises me, or perhaps a band I'm a fan of creates something that really hits me.

All I'm saying is that this album RIGHT NOW strikes me like those other albums I mentioned did. Perhaps the novelty will wear off perhaps it won't. Time will decide if it remains a classic album to ME.

:lol: @ over analyzing.

:lol: Especially after the pathetic, god-awful, despicable solo record he released a few years ago. It's gotta be one of the most uninspired, boring AOR albums ever made. I think he's a great vocalist, but that album was truly one of the worst things I've ever heard.

Agreed. "Los Angeles" was pretty boring, and nothing I'd care to revisit. This is NOTHING like that.

imaskinbeater : Killing Touch can't be a top 5 but Pathosray can? AHAHAHAHAHA now THATS funny! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I ordered this thanks to your post and got the CD last week. I've listened to it a bunch of times and it is a really good CD. I don't know about top 5, but it's still a good CD. If your a fan of Luppi, I would check this out. I ordered it from their website with the shirt, and I got an autograph Thank You sheet and some guitar pics with the CD and shirt. I thought that was pretty cool.

Now, I have to say that I like everything Luppi has released. Even the Strive and Los Angeles CDs which does not seem to go over very well here. But nothing compares to Stream of Consciousness. That CD has got to be one of the best CDs I have ever heard.

After hearing both Killing Touch and Pathosray, Pathosray deserves to be in the best of the year list. Killing Touch is good, but not as good.