Killswitch Engage cover Dio's "Holy Diver"

I only heard the very short beginning because i'm trying to cool down and listen to some chill music, but even though i hate killswitch engage with a burning passion, the intro sounded pretty promising. i can't listen to it now but i will later if you can tell me if he does dio esque vocals?

np: Radiohead - Everything In Its Right Place chilllll o_O

Shame that he never sings like that...oohh wait...he just started screaming, well it was good. I knew it was to good to be true. Remove the hardcore vocals and it wouldnt be half bad honestly.

First Godsmack actually do a halfway decent Judas Priest cover and now this?What the hell's going on??

I like the screams. Better screaming then another death growl, imo.

Although it might've been better to leave out all unclean vocals.

I like it. Singer dude has some variety and seems sincere in his FUCKING ANGER!
That's always a plus.
Don't like the guitar mix though...

Just listened to it again, I think its damn good still. Remove the Hardcore screams and the chugging guitar parts and it would be excellent, when the singer actually sings he has a very powerful voice that works well.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Just listened to it again, I think its damn good still. Remove the Hardcore screams and the chugging guitar parts and it would be excellent, when the singer actually sings he has a very powerful voice that works well.

I agree, great cover except for the screamo parts that don't fit.

They worked well as backing vocals like they did in a few sections, but not as a lead vocal part.

Anyway, good job.

i will never understand the need for a good singer to do the hardcore screaming garbage.

and where were the keyboards??????? lol

ah, I'm SO glad I saw this thread...i've been listening to this song a lot lately, and I think it rules...howard's vocals are just awesome, I didn't know he had the ability to hit those highs...awesome cover, awesome...

MEPHISTOPHILIAC said:
i will never understand the need for a good singer to do the hardcore screaming garbage.

I'll never understand the need for ANY singer to do hardcore screamo bullshit. Worst thing to hit metal since grunge.:puke:

However, remove the screamo and it is a good cover.