Killswitch Engage: The End of Heartache

Mtaclof said:
Then what would you call Killswitch Engage, Mr. Genius?
Well Nu-Metal is based in rap/hip-hop, and seeing as how KSE have absolutely no traces of that in their music, they are exempt from "nu-metal" status.

HOWEVER, they are a metal band with hardcore influences, so i'd say they fit right into the metalcore category.

These guys have a good live show... not to much of a fan of their Cds, but their live show rules... maybe I'll check out a song or two

hmm, I heard the alive or just breathing album. It wasn't bad but I didn't get into alot either. I did see them live with In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, and Sentenced they seemed to not fit in and I didn't enjoy their show.

I dont have any bad things to say about them. I just would rather listen to something else.

anonymousnick2001 said:
I've heard about these commercial song structures for a while.

Describe please.
Not really anything "commercial", they're basically following the trend of other bands that do hardcore/death vocals for the verses, and then clean vocals for the chorus.

Oh. That's it?

The 'choruses' were just placed in such weird places that I never even noticed that.

they just do alot of verse chorus verse chorus breakdown and variations of that, between that and the really catchy sung vocals theyre just really easy to listen to. its like they take the elements of metal that grab you right at the start and none of the stuff that keeps you coming back. i hear everything the first time through, i have no need to hear it again. theyre easy to listen to, not terribly challenging, nothing wrong with that it just bores me personally.josh.

Don't sing-a-long. HAving fun is a taboo in metal ddin't ya know? I dont know whcih scene has more faggots. DOesn't matter they can go to the shows and get blasted. Especially if they like to wear something that will put bullseye on there forhead. I try not to use labels for music (mostly relating to myself). I would much rather admit to being into hardcore before metal. The immaturity you guys spew is rediculous. Everytime you go to see a metal show and a core band opens you guys will get yours. I am glad I cut my hair and got away from this life in a cave mentallity. Leave your houses and get some sun you fruits.