Killswitch Engage: The End of Heartache

MasterOLightning said:
I sure hope that the new KsE is better than the new In Flames. That one makes me long for the days of Reroute to Remain.

The new KsE is vastly better than new In Flames. Soundtrack To Your Escape is pretty much #1 on my list for biggest disappointments this year. Its virtually unlistenable.

i dont take music too seriously. I used to. The people who come on here and label core on everything they dont't like that isn't ultra-elite troo demonic satan possessed, in the cave(not closet...cause we can't forget grim) homosexuallity. THose people take it too seirous. Come outta the cave. I couldn't take much of anyhting seirously especially metal. I won't admit to liking it unless I have to. Metalheads give metal as shameful a steryotype as my pals give black people.

SADUDE said:
Don't sing-a-long. HAving fun is a taboo in metal ddin't ya know? I dont know whcih scene has more faggots. DOesn't matter they can go to the shows and get blasted. Especially if they like to wear something that will put bullseye on there forhead. I try not to use labels for music (mostly relating to myself). I would much rather admit to being into hardcore before metal. The immaturity you guys spew is rediculous. Everytime you go to see a metal show and a core band opens you guys will get yours. I am glad I cut my hair and got away from this life in a cave mentallity. Leave your houses and get some sun you fruits.
If I went to any concert and saw a bunch of people holding their chests with great emotion as if they were touched by Jesus (as described previously), I would be pretty pissed off myself. There's a difference between having fun and holding blatant displays of homosexuality.

As for which scene has more "faggots", it would have to be hardcore. You can't have much inside your skull if you pit dance on a regular basis, x2 if you go to a metal show and do it there. All they present is a nuisance to people who are trying to enjoy a show, as opposed to retards attempting acrobatics, who only show up because they feel a need to crash every show that comes through any given town. Not to mention that at some of the local hardcore shows I've been to, it seems that the emo and hardcore scenes are becoming one, in something that others have described as "fashioncore".

The fact that you would identify with hardcore before metal says quite a lot about yourself. It seems as if you'd be ashamed to admit to someone that you listened to metal, and in its place would say hardcore. This is amusing because hardcore is generally considered far more neanderthalistic and unrefined than metal. So no, you aren't making yourself seem more enlightened in your music and lifestyle by saying you would prefer hardcore.

And as far as Killswitch Engage, the true topic at hand, I find their music to be sickeningly formulaic (though mildly enjoyable from time to time). The clean vocals need to be removed and realized that mixing a gothenburg riff with a hardcore breakdown in every song, followed by a clean-sung chorus does not a good band make.

Classify it in what ever genre you will other than Nu-metal cuz it sure isn't that. Neway I like it.

There are a few parts I didn't like but all in all it's a decent disc that I'll be listening to for quite awhile.