Killswitch Engage

Steiner

Dyslexics Untie!
May 24, 2002
Rocklin, CA
www.google.com
If you wanna hear some new metal that's not "nu metal"....check out Killswitch Engage's new album "Alive Or Just Breathing"...it just came out 5/21

Fucking solid IMO!

:headbang:

I just bought it a few days ago, and I am impressed! Don't be fooled by the Roadrunner label, KSE is very extreme. I can't wait to see them with Soilwork!!!:D

I would be really interested to know which bands and albums the guys in Killswitch Engage listen to. Their music is definately guitar driven - not bass driven like your traditional cookie cutter nu metal out there. To me, they sound a little like a mix between some old Sepultura, Obituary and some old Prong...although the guitarist sounds like he's definately a die-hard Dave Mustainist. It's always tough to explain exactly what a band sounds like, but I plugged the band on this forum because they sound like they've been heavily influenced by Testament's latest, "The Gathering".

I'll see how they sound live next Thursday at the Cactus Club in San Jose.

saw'em in Corona. Theys sucked, as did all the bands (Soilwork included, save Hypocrisy)...whats the deal about Soilwork? Boring, repetive stuff with cool solos....thats about it....

KSE's first release is good, but the second one dissapointed me a lot,the weak girl vocal shit he deos makes me want to scream foreverm but when he does extreme vocals it rules, too bad they want to make money.

My ultimate fave band and the most appreciated is KSE. They are the music that drives me.. But to say that they are nU meTal Is total and utter bullshit. NO offense to anyone,,, but I am guessing it does depend on where you live. So listen to the alive or just breathing or their very first album, amazing. But when howard comes into the pic in the third album shove it up HMV's ass it sucks. I hate him....

they are solid, shadows fall are also solid,
but they both are kinda repetitive and not that much original

lamb of god are my advice if you want to give a newer band a listen, their cd ashes of the wake is more original than most of the metalcore stuff,
alex plays on the title track i think so does chris poland

i am not that much of a metalcore fan so to say, but i prefer it a lot over that viking shit that is kinda getting big here in europe or that typical eurometal crap