Kind of a bonus haul.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Between my last haul (that I posted here) and waiting for doomy one I got a couple of well expected 2005 releases.

Hammerfall - "Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken"
Freedom Call - "The Circle Of Life"

I'm just scratching the "surface" of both, but so far Hammerfall is kicking ass. If you like the band you'll not be dissapointed by this one. If you don't like the band...go look at another thread! :p

Freedom Call seems to have change a bit the formula, is still Europower but I felt them less sugary (still happy nevertheless).

In anycase I'm damn joyful to have these for the holiday week while I'm waiting for more, and before I make another order :D

I'm going to end poor in 2005 :Spin: :ill:

kittybeast said:
Poor but happy with loads of music to listen to! :tickled:

Agreed! I feel like I am going in that same direction :err:

I enjoy Hammerfall VERY much... I love the music... so full of power and energy, not too big on the vox (I think the vox on the solo Cans is better) and not too big on the lyrics either... but I still enjoy it :headbang:

Hammerfall is not a brainer band, I enjoy them for the simple formula and the mild abuse of cheesiness :D

Did you notice Cronos vocals in 'Knights Of The 21st Century'?

Just got the new HF album this week. Sounds like they're trying to have a bit more of a "progressive" sound on a few of the tracks. Not sure what they're trying to accomplish with the "Knights of the 21st Century" song... that song sure seems like a big jumbled mess at first listen.

Neither do I. I was surprised by Cronos vocals and still wondering what the last minutes are about.

Need to spin it more, but the first listening seemed pretty much alright.

Wyvern said:
Need to spin it more, but the first listening seemed pretty much alright.

Agreed. It's no Legacy of Kings, but it's got some pretty cool songs. Initially strikes me as a better effort than the past two HF disks.

Spin it again a few hours ago. The album delivers which is more than I can say from many stuff i had bought lately. Still the last 2 min of the last song can be skipped (the silence plus Cronos cursing).

Wyvern said:
Hammerfall is not a brainer band, I enjoy them for the simple formula and the mild abuse of cheesiness :D

Did you notice Cronos vocals in 'Knights Of The 21st Century'?

Agreed! Fun band with fun beats and good ol galloping riffing :headbang:

:cry: I wouldn't know... I am still looking for the damned CD... everytime I go to TowerRecords they never have it :erk:

Pabla said:
Agreed! Fun band with fun beats and good ol galloping riffing :headbang:

:cry: I wouldn't know... I am still looking for the damned CD... everytime I go to TowerRecords they never have it :erk:

C'mon girl, you live in the 1st world. Get it from The End Records, free S&H in US, it'll reach you in 2-3 days (I got it from them and I live in Hell).

I finally got a chance to listen to the one minute song samples from the new Hammerfall album. It's hard to tell from samples, but it seems this new one has the same problem for me as previous Hammerfall efforts. I like them, from what I've heard of them (about 15 random mp3s from various albums). But that's all it amounts to. None of the Hammerfall songs I've got really set my top to spinning. They are consistently in the 4-star category for the most part, but nothing there that really makes me want to pull it off the shelf and listen to it a month after I bought it (Five Stars, Baby!).

I have the CANS solo album and I think it has a couple 5-star songs on it, but the rest is so 4-star that I don't listen to it much. I like Cans' vocals, but if I am in the mood to hear him I just pull out my Warlord - Rising From The Ashes. That album NEVER fails to deliver for me!

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I just pull out my Warlord - Rising From The Ashes. That album NEVER fails to deliver for me!

Heh I was playing "The Best Of Warlord" yesterday, if I'll ever be grateful with Hammerfall is for introduced me to Warlord.