A Haul, Tickets & other shit...

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Here's what I managed to pick up this afternoon!
I hadn't made it in to the city in a while, I got my ZZ Tickets
for the Bend, OR show... Got 3rd row for the St. Helens, OR show...
Better score there...
CD/DVD Haul:
ZZ Top-Grst Hits-DVD
ZZ Top-Rancho Texicano(double disc best of)
Dimmu Borgir-Death Cult-Ltd. Ed Ozzfest reissue-2 cd
Lacuna Coil-Comalies-Ltd. Ed Ozzfest reissue-2 cd
George Thorogood-Grst Hts 30 yrs of Rock-2004
Rush-Feedback (covers E.P.)
King Diamond-The Vault-Them/Consipracy double disc set
Kiss-Millenium Masters Vol.#2(80's)
Time Requiem-The Inner Circle of Reality
Helix-Deep Cuts(Best of)-(Used)
House of Lords-S/T German Import(Used)
Motorhead-Overnight Sensation
AC/DC-High Volatge(remaster, Used)
AC/Dc-Let there be Rock(remaster, Used)
I have a copy of the Moving Side Walks Import disc from Italy, waiting at my bid's shop that he just got in today. Who the hell are the moving side walks?! It's Billy G's first band... It shit so far from what ZZ Top is currently doing... It's like listening to Wicked Lester then putting on KISS.
Also coming up later in the week, I place a few orders on half.com that are confirmed:
Accept-The Final Chapter
Accept-Breaker
Judas Priest Vol. 1 & 2 tributes, Century Media
Nativity in Black-Sabbath tribute
I'm looking forward to the next couple weeks:
Iced Earth's best of compilation(nothign new I know, but I back this band 110%).
Van Halen-Best of Both Worlds(I have to get this one! I love the new tracks I have heard, and I back the Hagar era 110%)
I also have a review thing in the works that will feature 6-7 new up & coming bands, that you guys should look into. They are old school feels to them. I will get that mo'fo' typed up & I will have links to it on the band show case forum & I will place a link here as well, since ya'll know I'm no fucking spammer!!!!! Also if you look in the new Guitar World you'll see that UM's own TVF has a question answered by the might Kerry King.
I'll give ya all a hit, it's the one having to do with "an acoustic guitar."
Pick it up, it's the copy with Tony Iommi & Fozzy on the cover, also Iced
Earth fans, Tim Owens is in the New "PIT" magazine this time around find one, if you're a fan. Killer interview with Tim.
After getting a copy of the Death Angel disc from my boy TVF, who else around doesn't think that Death Angel & Exodus are "neck & neck" for best pure thrash record of 2004?! Those two records really tear it up old school style!!!!!!!!
NOTE to HAWK:
The New GW magazine has one hell of an interview with the Metal God, I'm sure you'll be diggin' that!
Questions:
Has anyone heard anything of the new Kotipelto disc?
I have seen a favorable review & another that tears into 'em.
I figure that it features Michael Romeo, should be good right?!

sixxswine said:
Here's what I managed to pick up this afternoon!
I hadn't made it in to the city in a while, I got my ZZ Tickets
for the Bend, OR show... Got 3rd row for the St. Helens, OR show...
Better score there...
CD/DVD Haul:
ZZ Top-Grst Hits-DVD
Damned dude 1!! You spent a wad didn't you ? That is a serious haul there Sixx !

Bryant

Bryant said:
Damned dude 1!! You spent a wad didn't you ? That is a serious haul there Sixx !

Bryant
Well, actually, I had been savin' some dough from like father's day & had some dough stashed for the ZZ shows... The used shit I found at pawn shops for like $3.00 a disc!!!!!!!! You can't pass up clean discs for $3.00!!!!
I blew some dough of my own, so you put all three together & you can score some killer shit.

sixxswine said:
Lacuna Coil-Comalies-Ltd.
Helix-Deep Cuts(Best of)-(Used)
House of Lords-S/T German Import(Used)

Also coming up later in the week, I place a few orders on half.com that are confirmed:
Accept-The Final Chapter
Accept-Breaker

Nice haul! What do you think of the Lacuna Coil disc? I kinda dig them.

sixxswine said:
Also if you look in the new Guitar World you'll see that UM's own TVF has a question answered by the might Kerry King.

That's cool! Will have to look for it thhe next trip to Borders.

AHHHHHHHHH the Swine. My brother from another mother. What a killer haul! Hey, I may get to see ZZ in August at the KY State Fair. I'll keep you posted on that. Yeah, I dropped an email to Guitar World in that "Ask a guitar hero" section and it got printed! I was pretty stoked. Here's the funny part, though...I meant it to be sarcastic. Don't get me wrong. I love Slayer and I think Kerry is a GREAT RHYTHM guitarist. A master of riffs. But I think his soloing sucks. Just my opinion. SO anyways, I was trying to be funny and just bust his balls a little bit. See if you can pick that up...but he totally took it as a serious question and even included some TABLATURE and a small lesson to answer it. I had to chuckle.
Ted

Greeno: I had the single disc version that I traded in toward the double disc.
They are one hell of a band. I hadn't heard them until about a year ago, when TVF got me a copy of this Musics for the Masses Vol #1 disc. From there on out I was hooked!!!! I think they should only have one singer, however, but they still kick ass!!!
TVF: Try to get out to see them(ZZ), they will probably have Cross Canadian Rag Weed opening at that time, but Saliva will be opening in Sept. So at least I don't get to see a shit band twice!!!!! They have had some decent opening acts in the past tours though,
Thorogood, Ian Moore, Skynyrd, Nugent... I don't about this year?!
If you can do. If they are playing at fairs, chance are they are dirt cheap & from what I have heard they are on their last tour ever!!!!!!
SIXXSWINE-

sixxswine said:
Lacuna Coil-Comalies-Ltd. Ed Ozzfest reissue-2 cd
Time Requiem-The Inner Circle of Reality
Motorhead-Overnight Sensation
Judas Priest Vol. 1 & 2 tributes, Century Media
Nativity in Black-Sabbath tribute
First congrats on a serious big haul.

Second, what's the big deal of "Comalies" Ozzpest edition? I have the original deluxe edition (digipack in a box, with a poster and a pin), what else does the second CD have. I'm afan of the band but I'm not going to change my editions, so is basically curiosity.

Third, what do you think of Time Requiem? I know that most metalheads are allergic to what's is called neo-classical metal. I like Richard Andersson a lot (to me he's the Malmsteen of keyboards literally), and I have both Majestic, and Time Requiem albums, plus Space Odyssey and Silver Seraph.

Fourth, what version of the JP tributes do you got the black and blue, or the red and black?. I mean there's some song changes between the European version and the US one.

Fifth, that tribute to BS (the first one, black cover) compiled by Bob Chiappardi is awsome. My faves are Megadeth, White Zombie, and Ugly Kid Joe. Every band play it their own way, but all covers are decent and intersting (unlike the second part a rip-off with a couple of good bands and a lot of crap). The Faith No More one is the exception to the rule being an ultra-crappy version.

Six, Motorhead? No need to explain :headbang:

sixxswine said:
Greeno: I had the single disc version that I traded in toward the double disc.
They are one hell of a band. I hadn't heard them until about a year ago, when TVF got me a copy of this Musics for the Masses Vol #1 disc. From there on out I was hooked!!!! I think they should only have one singer, however, but they still kick ass!!!

I definitely think Lacuna Coil needs both vocalists. You do have "Unleashed Memories" right ? I like Comalies, but I think UM is better.

Bryant

Wyvern said:
First congrats on a serious big haul.
Thanks A Million
Second, what's the big deal of "Comalies" Ozzpest edition? I have the original deluxe edition (digipack in a box, with a poster and a pin), what else does the second CD have. I'm afan of the band but I'm not going to change my editions, so is basically curiosity.
This one has a bonus disc of various edits, acoustic unrealeased tracks...
Third, what do you think of Time Requiem? I know that most metalheads are allergic to what's is called neo-classical metal. I like Richard Andersson a lot (to me he's the Malmsteen of keyboards literally), and I have both Majestic, and Time Requiem albums, plus Space Odyssey and Silver Seraph.
I fucking love Rich Anderson's stuff, I like this one & I love Space Odyssey, I have to get more!!!!
Fourth, what version of the JP tributes do you got the black and blue, or the red and black?. I mean there's some song changes between the European version and the US one.
I both U.S. vesrions, one has a Black Cover the other is red, they are both the digipaks!
Fifth, that tribute to BS (the first one, black cover) compiled by Bob Chiappardi is awsome. My faves are Megadeth, White Zombie, and Ugly Kid Joe. Every band play it their own way, but all covers are decent and intersting (unlike the second part a rip-off with a couple of good bands and a lot of crap). The Faith No More one is the exception to the rule being an ultra-crappy version.
I don't know about UGJ, but yeah that disc rocks!!!!!

Six, Motorhead? No need to explain :headbang:
I hear you about Head!!!!!!!!!:p

sixxswine said:
Another mini Haul:
Krokus-Rock the Block

Lita Ford-Dangerous Curves

Lita Ford-Dancin’ on the Edge

UFO-Then & Now

Dan Lorenzo-Cassius King

NICE! Working on that Lita collection, huh?

Holy shit!! How could I have missed this tread!! I only seeing it now. thats some impressive haul you got there 6!!

I have heard the new Kotipelto disc. If you like Stratiovarius you are on the safe side. if however you are not into very happy sounding European style powermetal than stay clear of it.

be aware though that this is my personal opinion. You might give it a try to see if you like it.

I will react on every single dics later on. I am about to go to bed right now. I will post a few messages tomorrow. I am a bit behind schedual at the moment.

Talk to you all later :)

Hawk said:
Holy shit!! How could I have missed this tread!! I only seeing it now. thats some impressive haul you got there 6!!

I have heard the new Kotipelto disc. If you like Stratiovarius you are on the safe side. if however you are not into very happy sounding European style powermetal than stay clear of it.

be aware though that this is my personal opinion. You might give it a try to see if you like it.

I will react on every single dics later on. I am about to go to bed right now. I will post a few messages tomorrow. I am a bit behind schedual at the moment.

Talk to you all later :)
So this record would be what Dee Snider Calls "Happy Metal?":tickled:
I like Stratovarius very much, I guess I will pick this up for sure.
Anyone heard that CANS record? How's that one?

sixxswine said:
Anyone heard that CANS record? How's that one?
Its a bit generic if you ask me. Its not that bad though. But I could recommend you a few better albums for your money. One of them would be Vision Divine's "Stream of Consiousness". Great album, wonderfull songs and a fantastic new singer. Give it a shot, you might even like it :D

Well, I'm on the hunt for the CANS disc as well, as the Iced Earth compilation & the
Dream Evil disc...
Just picked these up today...
Pat Travers Trio-P.T. Power Trio 2003
Stevie Ray Vaughan-The Essential 2004
George Lynch-Sacred Groove (replacement copy)