Kind of nervous, but I figure I need to try...

Daemoniac

Resident Rivethead
Nov 29, 2010
Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
Alright, firstly; no guitars. Secondly; I can't even imagine what this will sound like on decent speakers, so my apologies if this is the equivalent of aural rape...

I fully realise that this is a predominantly metal forum (obviously), but I figure I still might get some real insight and/or wisdom whenit comes to mixing properly from you guys.

Anyway, this is part of an ambient/industrial project I'm working on. Unfortunately all I have to mix on are a set of old Sony cans (cheap ones... they have atrocious bass response, and bad transparency in general) and my laptops Harman Kardon speakers... hardly professional grade in any way, shape or form :lol:

Thanks for taking the time to potentially destroy your hearing :lol:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4972866/Aftermath of Azrael's Crucifixion The Leering Memories.mp3

Thanks.

I'm just pissed cos I can't actually hear everything that's going on... especially when it comes to the bass. I know the drums are distorted, but so far it sounds ok on my speakers and that, and I'm unable to to tell if it's so distorted it's losing power :(