King Crimson anyone?

SoundMaster

Jan 20, 2002
"the flower & willow world"
Visit site
Anybody here into this super eclectic, before-its-time prog band?

I've had their ebut for a few years and recently rediscovered it. It's heavy, doom-laden, jazzy, "weird and wonderful" early prog record that's almost 'scary'.

I've since ventured out and picked up "In the Wake Of Poseidon", "Red" and "Lark's Tongue In Apsic". Each of these records is a classic to my ears. I can't recall any other bands that are even vaguely similar. Their approach of creating "controlled chaos", melody coupled with angst all wrapped up in a progressive package is quite unique.:headbang:

oh yeah! they are utterly amazing! I feel blessed to have been able to see them live twice. I sit in awe of these musicians. I also enjoy Fripps side projects with David Sylvian and I think he's doing some stuff with someone from Dream Theater(?) or is it TSO? Hard to believe they've been around since 1969. Pat Mastelotto is a percussion king! This band has had some of the most talented musicians on their albums....see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Crimson

I've got :

Islands----Beat-----Lizard----Red---Thrak---Sometimes God Smiles I & II---The Power to Believe---Vroom--In the court of the crimson King---Discipline--
Heavy Constukction (dbl disc)---Level 5---Starless and Bible black---Dinosaur--1997 Nashville Rehearsals---Three of a perfect pair----Happy with what you have to be happy with----Earthbound and In the wake of the Posiedon.

I have to say my faves are Red and Larks.

I listened to KC thanks to my more prog oriented friends years ago and never like it, nor the "Red" era, nor the 80's ("Beat", "Discipline", "Three Of A Perfect Pair"), or the newer Crimson ("Thrakk", "Vroom", "B'Boom")

Due to the Saxon cover of 'In The Court Of The Crimson King') and a great dancing night including 'Epitaph' I decided to give the debut a shot and like it a lot. Some weeks ago and based on some reviews (big error!) I decided to get "In The Wake Of Poseidon" and frankly I found it too acid, therefore I'm going to stop at it with the band for the time being.

NP: Forbidden - 'Out Of Body (out of mind)'

Definately!
One of the few bands that has been able to successfully overhaul their sound (multiple times). True talent.

I see that Adrian Belew is touring you might check to see if he's playing
in your town i know he has a date here in Indy my buddy is a huge Crimson
head and he has everything from him incl. his side bands.