King Diamond - Abigail II: The Revenge

NastyJoan

Oct 10, 2001
Santiago de Chile
Well this album has to be good, why? because it was the continuation of one of the all time metal classics Abigail performed by the master of darkness himself King Diamond
And?

Well IT IS GREAT!!!!

At the beginning when the life of Abigail is forgiving by O'Brian of the Black Horsemen, and The Storm which takes us back to the time that we listened Abigail for the first time, then Mansion in Sorrow, Miriam, Little One are the average real good song from the album but just after Little One finished is when the amazing King Diamond shows us his best preformances of this LP. Slippery Stairs is the return of Abigail to her place of birth and what a return!!!!, then The Crypt is when evil takes over the heart of Abigail after seeing the tomb of the stillborn corpse of the first Abigail and the killing begins. Broken Glass is by far the best song of the entire album, what a riff, and the arrangements of keyboards are amazing. Then the album gets back to the average good, until
Spirits arrives, another song that when you hear it you can only think that Andy LaRoque is the only person that could have compose such wonder.

Well as a conclusion, we have to be honest that King has not release a masterpiece since The Eye, but we have to aplaude his perseverance throughout the years doing such great albums, and keeping the flag of metal raising up

Grande King Diamond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:worship:

:mad: What the fuck :mad:
No one cares about the new King Diamond CD?????????
Come on, put some replies in here almost everyone replies shity and cheese thread and this that is about of one the legends of metal no one does?

:yell:

At least go to Metal Blade and download The Storm , and give me your opinions at least of this single song.

I've got the album, but I've been too busy to give it a good and thorough listen yet, so I can't really comment on it.

Of course I assume it kicks major ass, it is King Diamond after all!

Thanks to your review, it reminded me that I need to listen to it, so I plan on doing that as soon as I get home from work this evening :D

I'll then return to say how much it rocks...

All King D albums are REQUIRED! M A N D A T O R Y
My fave is still Abigail

King D is THE coolest concert I've been to! (yeah I've been to quite a few in my days) Amazing! Andy rulz totally. I was deaf for a week, though - but it was worth it

:worship:

It is awesome that there are at least some people out there that recognize true brilliance. King Diamond is totally metal in all ways and this latest work of art is confirmation that he will always continue to shrug off change and submission to a mainstream society. He is totally dedicated to his fans and their satisfaction is key the most important thing I think..which makes him a Dark Prince among men. When this album first came out I was a little hesitant because of all the hype that it would be as good as Abby 1 and when I heard it for the first time I kept waiting for the infamous soloing and classic abby composition.and that really never c ame- there are solos and the comp is great - its king! how could it be less than great.. yet i was disapointed because it didnt take me exactly where I thought I was going to be taken. Then I listened again and again and again and during the repeated listens I came to realize that this is a masterpiece in its own right..it is more subtle and the brilliance is more quiet and thought out.. i came to the conclusion that there shouldnt have been one note changed in the entire album!!! He has done it again and will continue to do so!!! Sorry this was so long...
Has anyone heard the rumor that this was kings last album and there will be one last Fate and then hes done? I know its a terrible concept but I just wondered how far the rumor has spread.. let me know - Hails!!!

I think Abigail the Revenge is pretty much classic KD. A must have for King Diamond fans. I personally favor Mercyful Fate more, but fans won't be disappointed in Abigail II the Revenge.

Other reviews by your favourite Lord can be found at White Trash Devil

King Diamond´s Abigail 2

For years and years people have been waiting for the King to make a follow-up to the so classic Abigail album. The time is now here and I bet it wasn't an easy task to write this album and to title it Abigail II, as that by itself makes people's expectations go up higher than the Eiffel Tower.

Personally, I lost interest in King Diamond after Them, which I considered a good album, though nothing near Abigail. So what is this crap this time, then? Is Abigail II the masterpiece one could expect (though everyone of us knew that Abigail couldn't be topped)? Are the Toronto Maple Leafs going to win this years Stanley Cup? Is Fear Factory a good band? The answer to all three is a loud fucken "NOT IN A MILLION YEARS FUCKER!"

This might be one of the better albums that King's released for a decade or two (well, that didn't really tell much now did it, considering most of it's been utter crap), but another Abigail it is not, no matter how hard he tried. I play this album at random, a good way to actually not be fooled by the fact that bands usually put their best songs first. I've listened to the complete thing twice now. You might think, "hey fucker, that's not enough to make a decent review". I say, "fuck you" and explain that I know what is good and what is not and I decide when I wanna review the fuckin album.

With that dealt with, there's a track called "Mommy" with some kid crying out "mooooommyyyy". Whereas Abigail had some eerie parts in it, this is just pure fucken nonsense. It might be because I am listening to the album in broad daylight with the sun shining and all, but I don't think so.

What's so scary about mommy? She must be butt-ugly to scare me and I don't think that's the intention. But this one happens to be my favorite track, mommy or no mommy. I think it would have been far more scary if the kid yelled "mummy," but that's just my humble-ass opinion. Like "show me the mummy". I actually listened to this song again and rephrased all the "mommy's" to "mummy's". The song got a whole new meaning, believe me. Or don't. I don't give a rats ass. I'm the one reviewing here, not you. I rule.

There are tracks on this album that don't say much at all, and I don't mean lyric-wise because they all tell pretty stories of stairs, grandmas, mommies, Jam, and everything else that is frightening to kids the age of 3. It's pretty much a tie between good heavy metal riffs (I have found a few, the best one being the opening riff in the aforementioned "Mommy") and a load of boring heavy metal riffs. The last three tones in the chorus of "Little One" are the same that Pantera uses in "Cemetary Gates". I know, I truly rule with spotting important things like this.

Sure, I still enjoy King's vocals and he still scared the shit out of me with Mercyful Fate back in the eighties when I was like 9, but some 19 years later ... I am 2 meters tall/120 kilos, and King needs to come up with something a little scarier to make me piss my pants. Or he could just concentrate on writing good actual songs, because I think that's the main problem. Damn I miss the Mercyful Fate days.

As I'm the only one here who likes to use numbers to rate an album, I'd give this a 3 out of 10

I've been a KIng fan for a while now and I gotta say that Abigail II is just ok.Like Lord K said Abigail just couln'd be toped so I think he should've left the story alone.It seems like He tried to hard and just turned into a bad,cheesy soup opera.

I find it hard to beat the Abagail-record... but, after listening to the Storm, this might be true. Never heard the whole record though, while sitting on modem needs time and patience :p

I say BRAVO King...House of God was unbelievable, and Abigail II, though no Abigail (you can't top the best, but you can try dammit) was IMO a damn good effort! I say HELL YEAH, keep'em coming...and for those of you waiting for the next MF album, that is due out in 2004 (King is going to release a new Black Rose album in 2003 with all but one original member of the band, the guitarist, who is to be replaced by ex Mercyful Fate/King Diamond guitarist Mike Denner) Yep...I rock...hehehehe...but seriously...I'm just a REALLY big fan!

Abigail II isn't very good. King hasn't done a killer albhum in a looong time, and I don't think he ever will.

The Eye was the last great KD release.

SPider's Lullabye was ok, but after that, he slid downhill.

And it is sacrilege to call this ABIGAIL II