King Diamond "At The Graves" 3-disc DVD set

nomisofsiman

Sep 19, 2008
Wheaton, IL
Hell yeah! I'm looking forward to this since I've never had the chance to see him.

Massacre Records has set a March 26 European release date for "At The Graves", the long-awaited three-disc DVD set from KING DIAMOND. "This has taken so much longer than expected because of so many technical issues that I won't bore you to death, but we recently acquired a brand new noise-reduction program that we're using to enhance all the footage, and it's amazing how much better everything is beginning to look compared to the original tapes," the band's singer and namesake wrote in an October 2009 online posting.

On October 13, 2009, Metal Blade Records re-released KING DIAMOND's "The Spider's Lullabye" and "The Graveyard" albums. Both LPs were remastered by KING DIAMOND guitarist Andy La Rocque and each title includes bonus material that purchasers are able to obtain digitally. Both "The Spider's Lullabye" and "The Graveyard" include live "bootleg" versions (with video footage) of the following songs: "The Spider's Lullabye" from the album of the same name, and "Trick Or Treat" and "Up From The Grave" from "The Graveyard".

I saw this too, though I wish that report went into more detail.
I mean, that had really no information, esp being a THREE DVD set.

King rules live. I have seen him twice. Once on the THEM tour (With Flotsam and Jetsam and Annihilator opening), and then again on the PUPPET MASTER tour (with Entombed). I actually met him at an autograph signing at ROLLING STONES records when he was here for the THEM Tour. The whole band was really cool, esp King and Mikkee Dee.

Yeah the king and mickey dee are all really cool and I think the king is great live but everything they put out live has pretty weak sound quality with the exception of the mf ep live in LA for the bell witch single which had some killer live cuts.

Yeah the king and mickey dee are all really cool and I think the king is great live but everything they put out live has pretty weak sound quality with the exception of the mf ep live in LA for the bell witch single which had some killer live cuts.

I agree....
King needs to be experienced LIVE in person, not on disc or DVD.

I've seen Mercyful Fate 3 times but never King Diamond. I hope he can get back to touring.

Been a fan since the MF days, and have never had the fortune of seeing him live...yet! Anyway, I'll be snagging this dvd, its supposed to have tons of unseen footage from the early days...