KING DIAMOND Pays Tribute To KEN HENSLEY: He Was 'An Amazing Keyboardist, Guitar Player,...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
King Diamond has paid tribute to Ken Hensley, former URIAH HEEP vocalist songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, who died peacefully on November 4 following a very short illness. He was 75 years old. On Thursday (November 5), the Danish heavy metal singer took to his social media to write: "It is extremely sad to hear that one of my old heroes has left us. Ken Hensley, an amazing organ/keyboardist, guitar player, vocalist, & songwriter played with one of my all time favorite bands, @uriah_heep, for many years. Rest In Peace." Hensley was one of the most important musicians of the past half a century. His work with URIAH HEEP in the 1970s helped to make the band hugely influential. He also collaborated with bands such as BLACKFOOT, W.A.S.P. and CINDERELLA, as well as building a very successful solo career. As a writer, he was responsible for such classics as "Lady In Black", "Easy Livin'", "July Morning" and "Look At Yourself". A very spiritual person, Hensley became an inspiration to many and known for encouraging talented artists. Ken had recently finished work on a new project, "My Book Of Answers", which is due for release end of February 2021. He leaves behind a wife, Monica, and two brothers Trevor, Mark and sister Dawn, and his close friend and manager Steve Weltman.

It is extremely sad to hear that one of my old heroes has left us. Ken Hensley, an amazing organ/keyboardist, guitar player, vocalist, & songwriter played with one of my all time favorite bands, @Uriah_Heep, for many years. Rest In Peace.. - King Diamond pic.twitter.com/RSOU9F1eZN — King Diamond (@KingDiamond) November 5, 2020

Continue reading...