King Diamond - Roadrunner United Track

Zac

Videodrome
Dec 4, 2003
Southern California
King sounds excellent, and since it's going to be some time before the next KD record, this will have to suffice for the time being. The music is actually very King/Fate, the guitarist definitley tries to thrown in some La Rocque :D

Nice to hear King's voice on something new! This track "In The Fire" (Obviously dealing with witch trials) has a lyric from "The Trial" off of "The Eye" (which is an entire record based on witch trials & a necklace for you wieners that don't know)

So listen for King growl "CONFESS WITCH!" It's very cool
Also the intro lead sounds very simliar to A Mansion In Darkness.
All in all it's a cool track & very King Diamond.

Here's the lineup:
King Diamond (KING DIAMOND, MERCYFUL FATE)- vocals
Matthew K. Heafy (TRIVIUM)- lead, rhythm and acoustic guitars
Cory Beaulieu (TRIVIUM) - lead and rhythm guitars
Mike D'Antonio (KILLSWITCH ENGAGE) - bass
Dave Chavarri (ILL NINO) - drums

And here's the track:
http://media.roadrunnerworld.com/RoadrunnerUnited/inthefire.wma

Opinions?

OH damn, I totally missed this one. "Annihilation at the hands of god" is fucking badass too. This song sounds pretty sic, but Killswitch Engage and Ill Nino = :bah:

Lopes said:
Is it just me, or are some of those bends out of tune?

No it's King Mustaine - I mean King Diamond's voice.

Oh! Snap!

Just kidding, Diamond rules. But he does sound like Mustaine...or Mustaine sounds like him. I mean he's no Frank Stallone but I can live with it.

metalgtr84 said:
No it's King Mustaine - I mean King Diamond's voice.

Just kidding, Diamond rules. But he does sound like Mustaine...or Mustaine sounds like him. I mean he's no Frank Stallone but I can live with it.

BLASPHEMY
If I was giving you guitar lessons, they would be cancelled immedietly.
Not too mention I would put your leg in between 2 rocks and jump on them until they snapped. Then I would probaly light you on fire & laugh.

If I was giving you guitar lessons, they would be cancelled immedietly.
Not too mention I would put your leg in between 2 rocks and jump on them until they snapped. Then I would probaly light you on fire & laugh.

Good point, I didn't think of it that way. I think I got off on the wrong foot with King Diamond when I saw that one of his albums came with a free "music" DVD and instead of music it's just him talking the whole time about how he eats ghouls and shits goblins. Amazingly, that's what Frank Stallone's DVD was like as well.

Well, that must've been The Puppet Master. That DVD disc has King explaining the story of The Puppet Master in his own words. Cool little bonus that I didn't even realize was part of the package until I bought it.

Concert footage would have been even BETTER but...I can't complain.

metalgtr84...come on man. Please do not throw King in with Frank Stallone.
That's horrible! I mean I'm a big FS supporter, but King is the better musician.

Zac said:
metalgtr84...come on man. Please do not throw King in with Frank Stallone.
That's horrible! I mean I'm a big FS supporter, but King is the better musician.

Yes, I agree. King's falsetto is far-superior to Frank's. I was merely making an attempt at humor by using the word's "shit," "ghouls," "goblins," and "Frank Stallone" all in one paragraph. Although Frank does win hands-down in the chest-hair department (besides Joey DeMaio from Manowar of course).

KD and Mustaine vocally have nothing in commen nor sound similiar.

First Dave can't sing.

I fucking hate Megadeth, they suck.