King is a cunt

Su Jacko

Jul 12, 2003
Liverpool
Visit site
08.jpg

nhf3.jpg

Kingdom.jpg

Marenghi: 'Look, you've got a group of uneducated working whores having fun together in a Bedford Van-come-brothel, boozing and banging their way up the M60, and then suddenly they're confronted by an 18-wheeler with a mind of its own. […] I wanted to write a book about the triumph of the female spirit over a gigantic lorry. Of course, looking back, I realise the truck actually represents AIDS.'

Dead Centre

Quote: 'Oh Christ. It's me bleedin' face…'

This near-legendary collection of short stories includes 'The Streaming Face' (about a boy whose face is turned into a river by a magical elk because he spat on a gnome); 'The Ague' (a lyrical piece in which First World War Tommy's cough out their eyes); 'Face Bottom' (a haunting allegory of the Biafra conflict); and, of course, the widely-anthologised 'Mindgrid'.

the websites funny http://www.garthmarenghi.com/

"As many of my readership can attest, I invented the internet back in 1976 with my short story 'Mindgrid'. Many of my predictions, alas, have since borne sorry fruit, and I, too, have spent many troubled hours distracted by erotica. However, the opportunity to revolutionise man's communication with man (and it is generally men) demands that, finalement, this luddite throw his full weight webwards. With a vengeance."