King Kobra back together

Paul Shortino on vox would be cool...

The article only mentioned Carmine and David...and then Paul, and then went on to say "original members." I'm hoping that "original members" also includes Mick Sweda and Johnny Rod?

Could be fun...Ready To Strike is still a guilty pleasure!

Rock on!

see we have to start drawing a line. KK without mark (marcie) free is a joke period (ready to strike is a still a classic hard rock album). i LOVE shortino and rough cutt so don't get me wrong, but it's time to draw a line in the sand. this is about as bad as accept trying for a SECOND time with a new vocalist. i love some TT Quick too, so again don't get me wrong.

why not just give the band a NEW name, play KK and RC songs in the set and go from there?

I always thought that Tough Guys off of Ready to Stike was the best power ballad that never got released.
I'm surprised it hasn't been covered by someone since.
Great chorus!

mtaffer

Carmine does stay busy, he's re-started Vanilla Fudge several times, Cactus, been in probably 2 dozen bands the past 20-30 years... too bad he couldn't get the entire original KK lineup tho

see we have to start drawing a line. KK without mark (marcie) free is a joke period (ready to strike is a still a classic hard rock album). i LOVE shortino and rough cutt so don't get me wrong, but it's time to draw a line in the sand. this is about as bad as accept trying for a SECOND time with a new vocalist. i love some TT Quick too, so again don't get me wrong.

why not just give the band a NEW name, play KK and RC songs in the set and go from there?

I so agree. Still it should be good.

I agree too.
Though you run a label.
If this band came to you, what do you think would sell more?
A new CD under the name KING KOBRA, or a new band featuring ex members of KING KOBRA?

I agree too.
Though you run a label.
If this band came to you, what do you think would sell more?
A new CD under the name KING KOBRA, or a new band featuring ex members of KING KOBRA?

Don't really think it would matter with those players. No matter what the moniker is on the CD it will still sell the same to the same audience. Fans of those type of bands are usually pretty hip to what is going on so I don't think the name King Kobra is going to attracted that many attentional sells. Nor do I think it is going to grab that one guy who will say "I remember those guys" so he buys a new KK album.
But Mark was a key element to that band. He is one of my favorite hard rock vocalist. I think he helped to set King Kobra a little ways apart from the hundreds of other bands like them.
As for using the old names on releases I would put out well I have actually ran into this twice now and refused to do it. I think a name is important. I find nothing more sad than what some bands do under certain monikers. Besides it never does live up to what the band was before.