Kingcrowtastrophe

From my seat that was horrendous beyond words. Like watching geeky college kids who majored in interpretive dance. yuck.

Agreed. I try and stay for at least a few songs to try and give every band a chance. Even the ones who I don't care for musically, but I barely made it through the first song.

Allow me to give my muthafuckin opinion.

First two songs felt uncomfortable. Not in the zone. Third song picked up, felt them groove. Played an instrumental, sounded good. Then they played a very Orphaned-Landish song, finally got me. Last song they were a-rockin and a-rollin and sold me. Went and grabbed an album. Jeremy and I agreed, slow start but great once they got comfy on stage and played their A-game material.

You know, on 2nd thought out of respect for the band id like to delete this post. not sure how. help?

You know, on 2nd thought out of respect for the band id like to delete this post. not sure how. help?

Logged on, click on the lower right-hand corner of that post and go to "edit". In that window, you can either edit your post, or delete it. However, I think a mod has to get rid of the whole thread if that's what you want to do.

By the way, I don't have anything against criticism, as long as it's done fairly.

First two songs felt uncomfortable. Not in the zone. Third song picked up, felt them groove. Played an instrumental, sounded good. Then they played a very Orphaned-Landish song, finally got me. Last song they were a-rockin and a-rollin and sold me. Went and grabbed an album. Jeremy and I agreed, slow start but great once they got comfy on stage and played their A-game material.

I agree completely. It seemed like they needed a few songs to find their groove and by the end they were smoking!

I don't think his or my criticism was unfair. I felt the same way as he did. I respect what the band does even though their music isn't my cup of tea, but they'd better grab me with their performance right off the bat else I'll lose interest. I think that's fair from a spectators perspective. I'm glad they got better as the night went on for those who enjoy the band. Not my thing though.

Kingcrow isn't my "cup of tea" either. Prog bands that appeal to me are few and far between.
Regardless, Brian316's muthafuckin opinion is spot on.