King's X

The show was great! I was surprised that they played the ENTIRE new album! Very tight indeed, and you can tell that these 3 guys still LOVE what they do. There was only 70 or so people at the show so it was nice and intimate, but no less of the high energy show you expect when you see these guys. Right after they started playing "Stay", doug stopped the band because "I'm way out of tune and it sounds like shit. This would be much easier if our songs were actually in the same fucking key".

I happened to know one of their crew guys (him and i worked together on a tour years ago) so my wife and I got first class treatment from the band and crew!

King's X Lincoln, NE Setlist 11-22-05

Stay
Mudd
Fly
Hurricane
If
She's Gone
Sooner or Later
lookin' for love
Mr. Wilson
Box
Honesty
Open My Eyes
Get Away
Freedom
Bebop
Alone
Visions
Over My Head (encore)
We Were Born To Be Loved (encore)

Soundscape said:
..if Enchant and King's X toured together it would be very cool..a kickass bill..great pairing. Maybe Dug ... could join Enchant on stage for DISPICABLE..1 of the tracks Enchant reminds me of KX the most.

Kyle

Thanks to that comment, especially the highlighted line above, and Roadieken's little review, we'll be going to the King's X show on Saturday in SF. (Slim's...great venue...) I've heard a bit of them online and I like! This is one of the really exciting parts of experiencing live music--going to see a group with whom I'm not all that familiar. And even more convincing when you hear "that these 3 guys still LOVE what they do" per Roadieken. AND that they're on the same label as our guys. :Smug: Maybe something will happen next year? Didn't I read somewhere about KX going on the road again in the spring? :Spin: Perhaps a certain local group's new cd will be around in the spring in need of a tour in the US?

Kristin
viadragon revved for a roadtrip

P.S. Any locals (SF) having two tix to sell for Dredg at the Fillmore on 12/8, please email me. Ugh...appears to be sold out...can't believe it's almost December. By the way, did anyone make their gig earlier this year?

Now that would be a show :D

Two of our biggest influences and heros.

Hey we will be there as well next SF at Slims Kristin, I think all the guys are making it. So maybe we need a roll call of all Enchantees here.

I am a bit surprised at the setlist, but I love the new one so I am really jazzed to see this.

roadieken said:
King's X Lincoln, NE Setlist 11-22-05

Stay
Mudd
Fly
Hurricane
If
She's Gone
Sooner or Later
lookin' for love
Mr. Wilson
Box
Honesty
Open My Eyes
Get Away
Freedom
Bebop
Alone
Visions
Over My Head (encore)
We Were Born To Be Loved (encore)

Wow, that is just not a very good setlist. "Lookin for Love" and "Box" are great songs, but the rest are easily outdone by at least a dozen other KX tunes. I also don't think KX should be allowed to do a concert without performing "Goldilox". (Do they even do that song live? They didn't 3 years ago when I saw them.)