KIRK HAMMETT Selling California Home For $12.5 Million

best of luck too him,even b4 black album master and justice sold millions worldwide respectively,they were pretty well off b4 they really hit there straos anyways

Karina_666 said:
I realize that it's a tired story, but to me it's not that they got less heavy or sold out, but that the songs don't seem up to par. Shit, it doesn't have to be metal to be good, I'm diverse, but these guys seem to have lost it. Doesn't mean I won't buy the new album though. I always have hope for them.

I agree 100%

having said that, I'll say Load is the best they've put out since AJFA (which isn't saying much at all), and is ok thanks to songs like The House That Jack Built (fantastic song), which was incredibly so much better than anything on the Black album (a travesty of an album coming from someone like Metallica), and a couple others I can't really recall the name of right now since I haven't listened to really any Metallica in forever

there's really not any song on the Black album I can really listen to anymore without being bored out of my mind, save perhaps The Unforgiven

Drokk said:
... Nobody says Tom Cruise is a sell-out for getting $30 million plus backend Mission Impossible III...
I do. I say it all the time. I say to everyone, "You know, that Tom Cruise is a sell-out!" No, really...I do! OK, don't believe me, see if I care!:err:

What I find funny about folks bitching about load and re-load is that Anthrax mellowed during those years too. Granted I like S442 and V8 much better but come on none of those were thrash masterpieces just good music. Maybe Anthrax matured better because they had too. After Master of Muppets and then Justice 'tallica went thru the roof and had $$$$ and Anthrax had $. So do the math and feel the hunger. Also, these bands were speed metal back in the day not thrash - get the 80s straight. :lol:

Drokk said:
Signing an airtight contract and selling millions of records tends to reap rewards. So Metallica should give away their recordings for free, so they can stay TROO? Nobody says Tom Cruise is a sell-out for getting $30 million plus backend Mission Impossible III.

Cruise at least tries to please his fans. Metallica just try to make more cash in the easiest way possible.
Fuck 'em! Fuck 'em all to hell!