axemaiden

makes you eat dead things
Aug 21, 2007
grendel's mothers cave
Klimt 1918 – Just In Case We’ll Never Meet Again
Prophecy Productions
By Axemaiden

20891.jpg

Death metal fans may be more familiar with Italian brothers Marco and Paolo Soellner’s first band Another Day than the much more chilled out Klimt 1918 which is very, very different, though just as good in its own way. Although Just In Case We’ll Never Meet Again isn’t the type of album, or indeed, example of a musical genre I would usually be a fan of, it is very difficult to fault it.

The band was born from the remnants of Another Day and although Klimt 1918 are still fans of and influenced by the death metal genre, this album has a much more indie/darkwave/emotional rock feel to it. The album is rich and layered, with melancholic yet strangely optimistic vocals and light, soaring guitar melodies which overlay a heavier, more dramatic and darker bass and rhythm guitar, for example, on the tracks ‘Skygazer’ and ‘Ghost of a Tape Listener’.

This album is very much influenced by bands such as Joy Division, Bauhaus, The Cure and Manic Street Preachers and even has hints of the slower Opeth stuff (for example off Damnation). Although I can’t say that I’m a particular fan of theirs, this is an excellently produced album that is worth listening too, especially if you're an admirer of their previous work, or of any of the bands mentioned.

Official Klimt 1918 Website
Official Klimt 1918 Myspace
Official Prophecy Productions Website

If you want your cock to go limp and crawl inside of you put this on. I've listened many times because I enjoyed Unblessed Momento. But, this thing is just a poor effort.