Kompendium compilation-WHEN??

I certainly can't either, and I CERTAINLY can't wait for the promised unreleased track from the "Sounds of Decay" sessions, but there's little to discuss as Avantgarde and the band have kept very silent about this recently. We'll just have to wait...

This project must either be very low on the band's list of priorities or they are being very careful in assembling tracks...I hope there will be more unreleased material in addition to the EP tracks, which as most of you know rank among Katatonia's best material to date.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Official Avantgarde Music statement:
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In respect of their just released album "Viva emptyness", we have decided to postpone KATATONIA's best-of "Brave yesterdays". It would have been pretty much stupid and suicidal in the yet over-saturated market to release simultaneously a best-of together with a new album. This doesn't mean that the enthusiasm on the projekt has turned down: in the contrary, time will now be used to get rid of much more material from the past of the band. Blakkheim is much determined in making this collection even more meaningful and "definitive", although we are obviously talking about a "first years best of", as KATATONIA's life and career seems to be still pretty much solid and longlasting !
The guys are digging up old boxes with plenty of pictures and rare stuffs that will give the album (that now more likely looks to become a DOUBLE-CD) much more emphasis and importance for the fans.
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After his Katatonia's duties will be over (in terms of touring on "Viva emptyness") Blakkheim will concentrate around this fall on a new DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE album, to be released by AVANTGARDE MUSIC at the beginning of 2004.[/font]

Hey Anders!

Kompendium is the Sounds of Decay and Saw You Drown MCDs on one CD with unreleased tracks.

Brave Yesterdays is a DOUBLE CD "Best of" for KATATONIA which will HOPEFULLY include the previously "compilation only" tracks Black Erotica and Love of the Swan. This compilation will have many unreleased pictures and songs that span most of their early career, even back into the corpsepaint days!

Here's hoping to a proper release for both very soon!

I think they're not saying anything cause maybe they want it to be a big suprise? Or maybe they just want to wait a year...just so that theres no confusion between that and the new album...I dunno. Just as long as it gets RELEASED!!! Hopefully it'll be out by the end of 2004...

And Anders is right....maybe we should all start emailing Avantgarde and nagging them about it. We'll gather the legions of Katatonia fans and bash down the doors of their offices and DEMAND that Kompendium! *Puts on corpsepaint and grabs his machette*

Blakkheim said:
hey, why dont u email avantgarde and put some pressure on em to let em know u want it out. that might put some focus on the compilation.
This is what Avantgarde had to say:

At the moment we still dont have further news regarding the previously announced upcoming records on Avantgarde Music: the "Brave Yester Days" Katatonia compilation is still hot but slowly moving. This will definitely be a special release to celebrate Avantgarde's 10-year anniversary, as Katatonia is THE only band from our past that we still have in our hearts.
Blakkheim is also putting basis to a new DM album in a deep coven in Stockholm, we are eager to have more infos to forward you.