KORN Members Comment On Former Touring Guitarist SHANE GIBSON's Passing

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Former KORN touring guitarist Shane Gibson died yesterday (Tuesday, April 15) as a result of complications from a blood clotting disorder. He was 35 years old.Gibson was most recently a member of STORK, the project featuring super drummer Thomas Lang (PAUL GILBERT), lead singer VK Lynne (VITA NOVA, Eve's Apple) and bassist Kelly LeMieux (BUCKCHERRY, GOLDFINGER).KORN has released the following statement regarding Gibson's passing:"Our thoughts and prayers go out to Shane Gibson's friends, fans and family following the passing of our dear friend. "Shane Gibson was KORN's touring guitarist from 2007 to 2010 and a member of Jonathan Davis' solo band, THE SFA'S. He will be greatly missed."Said KORN guitarist Brian "Head" Welch: "I've never had the pleasure of meeting Shane, but I'm honored he was able to fill my spot after I left KORN. He was an amazing guitarist. Hopefully we can jam together in the next life. RIP, brother."Added KORN guitarist James "Munky" Shaffer: "Shane Gibson, you were an amazing guitar player and an amazing person. Your kindness and talent will be missed. I'm very fortunate to have known you."
shanegibsonsolo2014.jpg

More...