KORN To Release Limited-Edition Photography Book To Celebrate Debut Album's 20th Anni

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
KORN's debut album was released on October 11, 1994. To celebrate its 20th anniversary, the band is releasing a limited-edition 300-page hardcover book including photos from the archives paired with brand new notes and commentary from the members. From the stage to the dressing room to the recording studio, you’ll have unlimited access to everything that went into the band’s career so far.Pre-order it first along with lots more on Pledge Music.As previously reported, former KORN drummer David Silveria posted a message on Facebook in which he thanked the band's fans on the 20th anniversary of the release of their self-titled debut album, while also apologizing that he won't be able to celebrate by performing on the group's upcoming tour. Silveria wrote, "To all the KORN fans around the world, I want to thank you with all of my heart for all of the success. Without the fans, KORN would just be a hobby." He continued, "As we celebrate the 20th anniversary of our debut release, I can't believe it's been 20 long years. I'm sorry to all of the fans that I couldn't be there on tour to celebrate the anniversary, but that's just the way it goes."Silveria was the second member of Korn's original lineup to depart, leaving in late 2006. Guitarist Brian "Head" Welch exited the group in 2005 and continued working as a solo artist until rejoining KORN last year. Silveria retired to Huntington Beach, California and opened a restaurant.KORN singer Jonathan Davis told The Pulse Of Radio a while back that he believed Silveria lost his passion for music. "David was there to write beats but he wasn't really there," he said. "He really didn't like playing drums. The first two albums, I think, he really enjoyed playing drums and then after that he just lost his love for playing drums. It happens. Okay, good for him, he wanted to move on and do something else."KORN plans to celebrate the 20th anniversary of its debut album by performing the disc from start to finish at selected shows on its upcoming tour itinerary.The actual 20th anniversary of its release was this past Saturday (October 11).KORN will head out on tour as special guests of SLIPKNOT on the latter's "Prepare For Hell" tour, which begins on October 29 in El Paso, Texas.

More...