KORN's JONATHAN DAVIS Has 'All Sorts Of Ideas' For Second Solo Album

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Jonathan Davis is already thinking ahead to his second solo album. The KORN frontman, whose first solo disc, "Black Labyrinth", will arrive next week, told U.K.'s Ticketmaster that he's "got all sorts of ideas" for the follow-up effort. "I've got ones I've already put together," he said. Davis, who began his solo tour in support of "Black Labyrinth" in early April, continued: "As soon as I'm finished with the [next] KORN record, I'm going to start pulling this together. I'm going to do the cycle with KORN, and once that's done, I'll do a Jonathan Davis record. I'm just going to keep flip-flopping. It's so much fun. I've got a lot to give the world. I know I've been doing it for a long time, but I've still got a lot inside me." Jonathan told NME in a separate interview that he will resume work on KORN's 13th studio album after he completes his European solo tour. "Then I'm back out on [a solo] tour until the fall, and then we'll do more work on the [KORN] record — I'm gonna flip-flop 'em!" he said. "The two work well together." The singer told Ticketmaster that he wanted to take the listener "somewhere different" with "Black Labyrinth". "Take you out of yourself, away from whatever you are worrying about," he said. "All music is escapism. You're having a fight with someone what do you do? You jump in the car and turn the radio up loud. Somehow it makes it all better. It invokes some kind of emotion or vibe in you, and I've tried to do that. I think that's what really helps to make this record timeless." Davis's solo set is weighed heavily in favor of the new LP, along with songs he wrote for the soundtrack of the 2002 movie "Queen Of The Damned" and a cover of Neil Diamond's "Love On The Rocks". He is not performing any material from KORN's catalog. Jonathan told the Orlando Sentinel that his solo career gives him the opportunity to "do things that I can't do in KORN. There have been times that I know artists have gone out and done solo stuff and it sounds just like their regular band," he said. "For me, being a soloist is healthy for me. It's free. I don't have to deal with four other opinions on everything." "Black Labyrinth" will be released on May 25 via Sumerian Records. KORN will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the release of the group's classic third album, "Follow The Leader", by playing three shows this summer. The concerts will take place on September 12 at the Masonic in San Francisco, September 13 at the Palladium in Los Angeles, and September 15 at the Pearl Theater in Las Vegas. It has yet to be confirmed, but it is likely that KORN will perform the album in its entirety at those shows.

Continue reading...