KOTIPELTO teams up with former SONATA ARCTICA guitarist!

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
Oh boy does this sound promising!

According to an article in the Japanese magazine Burrn, STRATOVARIUS singer Timo Kotipelto and former SONATA ARCTICA guitarist Jani Liimatainen have joined forces in a new band called CAIN'S OFFERING. The group's debut album, "Gather The Faithful", will be released in July. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "13th Disciple", "Stolen Waters", "More Than Friends" and "Morpheus In a Masquerade".

Commented Jani, "The drums [for 'Gather The Faithful'] were recorded at Drumforest Studios last November/December, the bass at Astia Studios during February, the basic guitar tracks were laid down in the beginning of March at Studio 57, and last couple of weeks we've been camping out in the woods with Timo recording the lead vocals. We still have two more songs to record, but all in all, things are going smoothly."

CAIN'S OFFERING is:

Timo Kotipelto (STRATOVARIUS, KOTIPELTO) - Vocals
Jani Liimatainen (ex-SONATA ARCTICA) - Guitar
Mikko Harkin (ex-SONATA ARCTICA) - Keyboards
Jukka Koskinen (ex-NORTHER, WINTERSUN) - Bass
Jani Hurula - Drums

3436760646_ddbefb4623_o.jpg

Claus, the link bar is off on Internet explorer, just an FYI (I only use IE at work). I'm guessing this is because IE refuses to play well with others (standards).

Should be an interesting group.

Great pickup, Claus! Congrats! Just a question, though. How do you deal with individuals who seems to have 2 or 3 different sets of Management? I don't think Strato or Kotipelto the acts are Intromental. So, how does one deal with this?

Great pickup, Claus! Congrats! Just a question, though. How do you deal with individuals who seems to have 2 or 3 different sets of Management? I don't think Strato or Kotipelto the acts are Intromental. So, how does one deal with this?

It all depends on the set-up of the band in question. T.ex. here with Cain's Offering my main-contact is Jani, so I do not represent the other individuals personal careers, only in respect to Cain's Offering. When it comes to touring, of course there's a lot of things with all bands to clear up, so it's not easy, but it's what it is.

c.