Labels that have fallen from grace

unknown

fuck ftagn
Oct 27, 2003
The Red Tower
I was browsing the Distro Review thread (which didn't that used to be stickied?) and among the many dead links and distro/labels that are no longer around, I ended up clicking on The End Records and holy shit what a fucking travesty. The first artist on their roster is fucking Alient Ant Farm? Better Than Ezra? I remember in the early 2000's, The End Records was home to quite a few experimental metal bands, and a few are still on there, but now it's full of 90s has-beens and singer-songwriters

SO! In your opinion, what are some labels (or even distros) that have fallen from grace?

Century Media has completely taken a shit. Before the US store had most of the releases and had a cool distro and clearance section.

Now they only stock the most popular releases and they're fucking expensive as shit. ($22.98 for a single lp and 12.98-14.98 for cds)
They dont stock most of the colored vinyls so you're just better off to buy from amazon, it'll be cheaper and you wont have to pay shipping.

Century Media has completely taken a shit. Before the US store had most of the releases and had a cool distro and clearance section.

Now they only stock the most popular releases and they're fucking expensive as shit. ($22.98 for a single lp and 12.98-14.98 for cds)
They dont stock most of the colored vinyls so you're just better off to buy from amazon, it'll be cheaper and you wont have to pay shipping.

This and Roadrunner don't surprise me. I have a feeling that some of the label/distro vanguards from the early 2000s have gone downhill

Hasn’t Earache gone to shit to some extent also? I remember skimming a few articles about artists that had been fucked by them.

Hasn’t Earache gone to shit to some extent also? I remember skimming a few articles about artists that had been fucked by them.

Earache's new band signings are pretty abysmal. I give them a pass because they keep their old important releases in print and affordable for the most part. They're guilty of 10 different random vinyl colors per release too, which shouldnt matter really... but the colors that look the best with a release are always the most limited and sell out instantly. I have a bright pink copy of Nocturnus - The Key. Why the fuck pink?

One stupid thing about earache is that their "US Store" is located in the UK. Not kidding.

Reactions: Satanstoenail