LABYRINTH Singer Roberto Tiranti Leaves Band

At the very least, I'm intrigued by this news. Boals is one of my favorite singers, especially when it comes to his work with Yngwie and Royal Hunt. To all of you naysayers, I say to at least give it a chance. You can't really judge the band's decision without actually hearing the results of it. Now, if we were to talk about Boals's audition for Kamelot, that's another story...

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll give Boals credit for being aware of the modern prog and power metal scene and really wanting to sing for the bands in the scene. A lot of the older guys from the 80s heyday act like the history of metal ended in 1992.

He's a solid singer and all, and his voice sounds as good as it ever did, probably a little better than when he did the Trilogy album. But in the modern day you gotta bring more than just the high pitched vocals in the top power metal bands, Stratovarius excepted(now THAT would have been a good fit when Tolkki was trying to build a new Strato around himself).

I am just saddened by this news. One of my favorite bands of all time is no more in my opinion. I can't thank Glenn enough for just getting them in the knick of time before this transpired. I would have been miserable if I never had the chance to experience them live. Their show a few years who was was easily in the top 3 shows ever at Prog Power for me and in the top 3 shows I have ever seen period. Such a shame. And Mark Boals??? Great singer, don't get me wrong, but I don't get the choice. With that said, I really wouldn't get any choice as no one compares to Tiranti and how he fit Labyrinth. He was Labyrinth. Olaf is an integral part as well, but he left once and they still pumped out quality music. I will give it a shot as a big fan, but this is similar to Messina leaving Secret Sphere. That was the end of them for me. Luppi is without a doubt a tremendous singer and the album is great, but it's not signature Secret Sphere. Sounds like a Luppi solo disc. Argh!