lacuna coil. the next to be overplayed

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
am i the only one who gets the sense that lacuna coil is gonna become the next trend? they are getting the big push fron century media, and after watching their video on headbangers ball, some of em have the stupid korn hairdoo.

i think they will be the next trend, which is sad. i hope their music doesnt drop low in quality. this new album was allready sorta iffy
~gR~

thats a good point. but evanesence is on the back burner now. they lost their guitarist. although that prolly wont stop em for long. anyone can play one chord over and over
~gR~

hmm I like Lacuna Coil so don't get the wrong idea... but these thoughts have been going through my mind quite a bit recently, especially with Cristina Scabbia's affection for nu-metal and her claims that image is just as important as the music in interviews... but go to Hottopic.com the opening page will tell you

Actually, in music forums where seeing 8 evanescance threads, 5 good charlotte threads, 6 avril threads and 20 linkin park threads all on the first page is common place, Lacuna Coil hasn't been getting much discussion, but I've noticed MANY of the people who listen to more mainstream music discussing Nightwish. I think they toured with Evanescance or something. Kind of interesting, but I really don't see Nightwish selling out or anything, they don't seem like that kind of a band, but hey, I could be wrong.

I think Lacuna Coil may get borderline mainstream; maybe about as mainstream as Pantera was towards the end of their career. They actually play Lacuna Coil on a local rock radio station here.

I sense too that they might get a little mainstream..since they were the front page on Hot Topic..but like Like Sucks said..maybe mainstream like Pantera.

I could carless or carless if they lost half the band. Christina is hot as fuck and sounds great. Why are people so worried about things being popular.

Isnt that good ?, we wont have to work and we can live in a big house and do nothing but play and listen to music while under the influence of drugs. Sounds amazing.

I indeed heard them while surfing radio stations, but it was one of their more mediocre songs. I mean, think of how early Metallica wasn't on MTV and then kaboom there goes the Black Album. I don't listen to much radio and I'm grateful I don't watch tv anymore since all we have is an antenna. I'm sure if Lacuna Coil does get famous, at least they'll be one of the better acts out there like Disturbed or Godsmack, who I happen to like.

why is it so surprising? LC are a mainstream band, musically. and theres absolutely nothing wrong with that. you either like it or you don't, and if you do like the music you shouldn't be complaining about them becoming popular. gaining popularity absolutely does not mean "becoming a trend".

but think about the business side of music. when a band has the possibility of becoming big, they start to tweak the music as to make it more marketable. THAT is my concern. i dont want to see lacuna coil be spoiled by the label people to make more money
~gR~

genocide roach said:
am i the only one who gets the sense that lacuna coil is gonna become the next trend? they are getting the big push fron century media, and after watching their video on headbangers ball, some of em have the stupid korn hairdoo.

i think they will be the next trend, which is sad. i hope their music doesnt drop low in quality. this new album was allready sorta iffy
~gR~
You should watch them live... It's looks like korn covering LC songs.

haha... i just went to hot topic... woah! i first thought that LC was not mainstream, but i am totally wrong now. but i dont care, i wont quit liking a band when they become popular, its not fair to call yourself a true fan. it is fair to hate them if they sellout, thats different. LC has stayed true, i actually think they have only gotten a lot better.

perfecterror said:
haha... i just went to hot topic... woah! i first thought that LC was not mainstream, but i am totally wrong now. but i dont care, i wont quit liking a band when they become popular, its not fair to call yourself a true fan. it is fair to hate them if they sellout, thats different. LC has stayed true, i actually think they have only gotten a lot better.
I totally agree

I've got Comalies but last few times I listened to it, it wasn't my favorite thing.

Oh well, I'll sleep to it tonight, I bet it's one of those albums that the more time you give it, the better you like it.

genocide roach said:
but think about the business side of music. when a band has the possibility of becoming big, they start to tweak the music as to make it more marketable. THAT is my concern. i dont want to see lacuna coil be spoiled by the label people to make more money
~gR~

Very true.

You sir, are 100% correct.