Lacuna Coil's bassist is the most boring of all-time

opeth70

New Metal Member
Aug 16, 2002
Cleveland, OH USA
Visit site
I swear the guy never plays anything other than the root notes and he NEVER plays above the 12th fret. I know for LC's kind of music that you can't play Mendez-like bass lines, but come on! A junior-high band student could play those parts....

Even though he does play extremely simple lines, I thought some of what he added to the guitar parts was very cool. For instance when the guitars would be playing those fat chords, he'd make them even fatter by adding a nice low note to the low b or something. Some cool sounding stuff.

Reactions: Lina
She's not pretty? First person I ever heard saying that. Eheh I just got a bass recently and I've been playing guitar for a while... guess what tab did I get to get started... Lacuna Coil - Circles :p easiest thing I could find :D

opeth70 said:
I swear the guy never plays anything other than the root notes and he NEVER plays above the 12th fret. I know for LC's kind of music that you can't play Mendez-like bass lines, but come on! A junior-high band student could play those parts....

I agree that his bass playing is less than interesting, but guess what - he's the main songwriter for LC. He writes most of the music and Cristina writes most of the lyrics. I guess you don't have to be a good player to be a good songwriter.

He also plays the keyboards on the album.

-GK

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
Lacuna coils riffs are the same, and the keyboard parts are simple blah blah blah, lets face it, that band is simply based around her voive and has little substance other than that. She should go solo or something...

Amen to that, someone finally agrees with me on this board.

I swear, i know this will start a arguement, but why dont they open up for evenscence, its exactly the same music, girl vocalist wit simple guitars. evenscence actually might have more techinical keyboards lol

Actually Lacuna Coil don't sound like Evanescence because of the use of Drop tunings and the one guitar, nothing-but-powerchords approach of Evanescence sounds different to Lacuna Coil. Also the guitar tone and placement of rests makes Evanescence more nu-metal.

loebs said:
Amen to that, someone finally agrees with me on this board.

I swear, i know this will start a arguement, but why dont they open up for evenscence, its exactly the same music, girl vocalist wit simple guitars. evenscence actually might have more techinical keyboards lol

why dont opeth open up for slipknot its exactly the same music death metal wit awesome guitars. slipknot actually might have more technical drumming lol

Kate Bush Rules! said:
No, Slayer are doing a good job of that. ;)

EH? Slayer's opening for slipknot? I don't know anything about slipknot's current schedule or anything...I was just making some dumb statement to mirror the statement that lacuna coil and evanescence are the same. What crap.

Lethe78 said:
When I played bass for one of my previous bands, I was also a root note bassist. But hey, I am a guitarist, not a bassist dammitt!!!!

bassist? what the hell is a bassist?

I only know about the 4 string subatomic hate axe tbh :lol:

This may be true, but they put on a pretty good show. As long as it sounds good, it doesn't matter, right?

Besides - Opeth's l00t skills make up for any of Lacuna Coil or Beyond the Embrace's weak points. At least on the 21st in Milwaukee they did.

Kate Bush Rules! said:
Actually Lacuna Coil don't sound like Evanescence because of the use of Drop tunings and the one guitar, nothing-but-powerchords approach of Evanescence sounds different to Lacuna Coil. Also the guitar tone and placement of rests makes Evanescence more nu-metal.

STOP IT

LACUNA COIL SUCK