LACUNA COIL's CRISTINA SCABBIA Says She 'Was Always Treated With Respect' In Male-Dominated...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
LACUNA COIL singer Cristina Scabbia was asked in a recent interview with PitCam.TV if she ever had any bad experiences being a female in a male-dominated industry, especially before the #MeToo movement went viral two years ago. "No," she responded (see video below). "To be honest, I always felt a part of the group. I never looked at myself as a female member or expected to be treated differently because I was a [woman]. Of course, I was always treated with respect, because I was always respectful with others, expecting respect as well, so I think it was a mutual thing that happened this way and I never had any type of problem. And I'm kind of a tomboy in the way that for this kind of living, you have to be not a 'girlie-girl,' because of the tour buses and the traveling, and sometimes you can't take a shower every day. So you have be down for this job." Scabbia's latest comments echo those she made over a year ago when she told Red Carpet News TV that she doesn't focus on the fact that she is the only female musician in LACUNA COIL. "I always look at myself as a member of the band," she explained. "I don't really like to separate myself — like, 'Oh, I'm a woman in the business.' I know that it was something very weird in the beginning, 'cause metal was just a male-dominated scene, but now it's more open and now things have changed. But I have always looked at myself as one of the guys as well." LACUNA COIL's latest album, "Black Anima", was released on October 11. The band recently completed the "Disease Of The Anima" North American tour with ALL THAT REMAINS.

Continue reading...