Lamb of God and Epic Records...

Soilent Goat

May 26, 2002
As many of you probably have heard..Lamb of God recently signed with Epic Records. Personally, I think this is seriously a great acheivement on their behalf..Metal has made a slow but sure come back within the last year or so with the return of the Headbangers Ball...bands actually worth a damn receiving slots on tours like Ozzfest..and now TRUE metal bands like Lamb of God getting signed to major labels..does this sort of exposure make anyone nervous? Alot of bands sign to major labels and then start to SUCK... but I have faith in lamb of god..all they do is stress the fact they love metal and wish to bring it to the forefront and make it as prominent a genre as it once was...your thoughts?

I saw them live. They're good. I have faith in them. 11th Hour came just short of hitting the airwaves. They can do it, along with Shadows Fall and KsE.

Lamb Of God rules. I am not nervous. I know Lamb Of God have integrity, and will not make their sound more mainstream just to sell more records. They are a true band that simply happened to gain more popularity than others and signed to a major label, just like Hatebreed, who also signed to a major label yet didn't soften up their sound either and stayed true to their genre.

Lamb of God are some seriously nice, cool, and real guys. I could not see them selling out at all. They're all about the metal, and all about their true fans. If any metal band would've gotten signed to Epic, I would've voted for them.

Jeez!

Well personally, I agree with you that its a breakthrough seeing as they're more metal than the shit that is shown on MTV and whatever and signed to other big labels. But Metalcore seems like the trendy genre at the mo and I can see it being a passing fad. I totally disagree with LoG being labelled as "true" though. Sorry for coming across like a dick.

Ageless said:
Jeez!

Well personally, I agree with you that its a breakthrough seeing as they're more metal than the shit that is shown on MTV and whatever and signed to other big labels. But Metalcore seems like the trendy genre at the mo and I can see it being a passing fad. I totally disagree with LoG being labelled as "true" though. Sorry for coming across like a dick.

..I don't consider lamb of god to be metalcore though..just straight up metal..I honestly see them as our generations slayer..just straight american thrash metal

Our generations Slayer!? Thats a very bold statement. They're more Metal than most Metalcore but thats what i see that as. The thing that puts me off them most is their awful vocalist. In a years time no one will care about them anymore, regardless of what label they're signed to.

Ageless said:
Our generations Slayer!? Thats a very bold statement. They're more Metal than most Metalcore but thats what i see that as. The thing that puts me off them most is their awful vocalist. In a years time no one will care about them anymore, regardless of what label they're signed to.

You must not know much about metal. LoG are in NO way metalcore.

Good try.

Actually i do. What i dont know much about is bands i dont like. Maybe i need to re-listen to them then. I've heard their debut and havent listened to them since. From what i remember they sounded more like metalcore than anything else, they sure as hell werent thrash.

Ageless said:
Actually i do. What i dont know much about is bands i dont like. Maybe i need to re-listen to them then. I've heard their debut and havent listened to them since. From what i remember they sounded more like metalcore than anything else, they sure as hell werent thrash.
Ageless - you are a fucking cartoon metal head.

Lamb of God are FUCKING METAL, end of story. Stop being a self righteous metal head who only listens to TROOOOOOO FUCKING "metal." You suck.

hmm..i think they are more metal than core, but there is some of both elements to the log sound..i think its great they have been signed to epic, i dont question their integrity and this can only mean better production and bigger things to come from metal in the future