Lamb Of God - As The Palaces Burn (Remixed and Remastered)

sounds much more 3d than the original mix but i agree with you - that album has a certain grit to it that i miss on this mix. that album makes me GAS hard for a mark iv every time i hear it...

Thank fuck. I thought they were going to reamp the guitars to their Ashes and later type tone, and replace drum samples. Still sounds pretty gritty, just a bit tighter and a more weighty low end.

Wow, the guitars/bass sound so much better with the cleaned-up mids! But those drums sound completely replaced, haha. "Ruin" is probably my favorite LoG song, so I'm looking forward to hearing how it turned out. :kickass:

Wasn't it devin townsend who mixed the first album? Or was he just the producer?

Pretty sure he mixed it. I recall them saying something happened "overnight" while the band wasn't there and their mix got all screwed up. Either way, the original is sort of a very special album to me. I loved the nastiness of it and that guitar tone IS what made me decide to buy a Mark IV.

EDIT: This remix sounds fucking weird. Don't like it at all.

Soooo I guess this album was quad tracked? (Judging by the break near the end)......or maybe just that part has 4 guits going?

And also - I wonder if this one is coming with the cool little wire schematic plastic sheet that makes the Shroud on the front......

Sounds awesome, altho maybe a bit overcompensated for the things they didn't dig in the original...drum replacement could be done a bit less robotic on the drums.

Sounds awesome, altho maybe a bit overcompensated for the things they didn't dig in the original...drum replacement could be done a bit less robotic on the drums.

On some FB comment that Willie Adler (though most likely not really even him) posted, some random commenter says "The drums were re-recorded for this!".

I lol'd.

man yeah its better but the original is so much better.

remixing old stuff is real risky unless it totally sucks, but in some instances suckyness is part of what you know and love. this was such a big landmark album its like the original crap sound is burned into my memory.

same thing when pearl jam decided to remix ten. ten was actually really good. they just messed it up really bad. i wanted to throw up listening to the new mixes. i grew up on that album. it's just not cool to do that to people.

Never followed much of Townsend's work, but I don't like what he's done with Darkest Hour either.

See the mixes for those aren't great but they are actually some of my favorite metal albums ever, so I'm never very sure if he did just actually capture the vibe.