LAMB OF GOD Guitarist MARK MORTON Announces U.K. Acoustic Tour

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
LAMB OF GOD guitarist Mark Morton has announced details of a headline acoustic tour in the U.K., his first solo headline tour outside of North America. Kicking off January 8 in Bristol and concluding on January 12 in London, the five-city trek will see Morton follow up his surprise acoustic set at Download festival in June 2019. Morton says: "I'm thrilled to announce this very special acoustic tour of U.K. We had such an amazing time with the acoustic set at Download and I'm really looking forward to expanding on that experience with these upcoming shows. Joining me once again will be Mark Morales on vocals and guitarist extraordinaire Joe Harvatt. We'll be performing acoustic versions of many of the songs from 'Anesthestic' and a few covers of some of our favorite tunes. We'll also be debuting some new original material as well. "I couldn't be more excited for this opportunity to play these intimate shows with my friends all over the U.K. Look forward to seeing you all." Mark Morton U.K. acoustic tour dates: Jan. 08 - Bristol @ Thekla Jan. 09 - Manchester @ Academy 3 Jan. 10 - Glasgow @ SWG3 Jan. 11 - Birmingham @ Academy 2 Jan. 12 - London @ Underworld Tickets go on sale on Wednesday, November 20 at 10:00 a.m. at markmortonmusic.com/tour. Morton's debut solo album, "Anesthetic", which was released in March. The first single from the LP, "Cross Off", features late LINKIN PARK singer Chester Bennington. Other singers on the album include Randy Blythe (LAMB OF GOD), Myles Kennedy (SLASH, ALTER BRIDGE), Alissa White-Gluz (ARCH ENEMY), Chuck Billy (TESTAMENT), Jake Oni, Josh Todd (BUCKCHERRY), Naeemah Maddox, Jacoby Shaddix (PAPA ROACH), Mark Lanegan (SCREAMING TREES) and Mark Morales. Musically, Morton performs all guitars, with Roy Mayorga (STONE SOUR), David Ellefson (MEGADETH), Ray Luzier (KORN), Paolo Gregoletto and Alex Bent (TRIVIUM), Mike Inez (ALICE IN CHAINS), Jean-Paul Gaster (CLUTCH), Steve Gorman and Marc Paul rounding out the band. Morton had been writing some of this debut for years. "This album wasn't a concerted effort to start something outside LAMB OF GOD," he explained. "Music is always in my head, and until I write and record it, it's stuck there. But once I record it, it's out. It's a catharsis, more for my own sanity." Photo credit: Ellie Mitchell
markmortonuktourposter2020.jpg

Continue reading...