LAMB OF GOD Guitarist MARK MORTON To Release 'Anesthetic' Solo Album

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
LAMB OF GOD guitarist Mark Morton will release a solo album titled "Anesthetic" in 2019. The disc will feature guest appearances by a number of musicians, including late LINKIN PARK frontman Chester Bennington, LAMB OF GOD singer Randy Blythe and ARCH ENEMY frontwoman Alissa White-Gluz. The first single from "Anesthetic" is receiving its world premiere today (Thursday, December 13) on SiriusXM's Liquid Metal. Last night, Morton tweeted: "Hey y'all. So… I've been quietly working on a solo album for the last couple of years and I am stoked to announce that it will be released in 2019! I'm beyond proud of this project and so grateful at having had the opportunity to work with so many amazingly talented friends, new and old. The album is called 'Anesthetic', and we'll be debuting the first song all day tomorrow on @SXMLiquidMetal… stay tuned!" Back in April 2017, Morton tweeted a photo of him with Bennington and hinted that they were collaborating on a new project. Bennington confirmed the news by sharing some lyrics in an Instagram story, which also revealed that LAMB OF GOD producer Josh Wilbur was also involved. Although Chester sadly committed suicide in July 2017, Morton said that their collaboration will be released at some point. "Chester and I made some really cool music together that we were both SUPER stoked about," Morton tweeted in October. "And you will hear it!"

Hey y’all. So… I’ve been quietly working on a solo album for the last couple of years and I am stoked to announce that it will be released in 2019! I’m beyond proud of this project and so grateful at having had the opportunity to work with (cont.)

— Mark Morton (@MarkDuaneMorton) December 12, 2018

so many amazingly talented friends, new and old. The album is called “Anesthetic”, and we’ll be debuting the first song all day tomorrow on @SXMLiquidMetal… stay tuned!

— Mark Morton (@MarkDuaneMorton) December 12, 2018

Continue reading...