Lamb Of God Omerta cover

muckypup1

Sinister Haven \m/
Jul 13, 2009
UK, Islington
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3163522/Lamb Of God - Omerta - Cover.mp3

I started tracking the guitars about 8 hours ago, and now here a rough mix is!

Its also the first time I've played the song, so there are a few parts that might get re-tracked later, or just edited.

I used Lepous Engl amp sim for the guitars, Ampeg SVX for the bass, and a shit load of samples and addictive drums for the drums.

If anyone is interested in getting hold of the DI tracks, just post and I'll upload them in a few days here.

Post anything dudes, I want to know what can be done to improve it :headbang:

Öwen;9155878 said:
Get those pinch harmonics in there!

Sounds wierd without em!

I forgot to mention about them... I did record a version with the pinch harmonics, but I kept fucking them up, really badly, and they just sounded like shit, so I left them out :( But I can add them when I go back to edit and re-track some of this!

On my laptop right now , all I can really tell is the snare is way too ringy

I used a snare sample from here that was cut from the separate drum tracks of Sacrament, so it is a real LOG snare :D But it doesn't really go with this song, I'll change it in the next mix.

I used a snare sample from here that was cut from the separate drum tracks of Sacrament, so it is a real LOG snare :D But it doesn't really go with this song, I'll change it in the next mix.

that is snare from redneck... which is just constant fast riffage so it kinda covers up the ring, if you just take EQ out some of that crazy ring and make it a little more cracky you'll be in the ballpark