Lamb of God, Slayer, Ministry, Mastodon, Stone Sour nominated for Best Metal Grammy

Brett

------
Aug 31, 2003
Lamb of God - Redneck(Sacrament)
Slayer - Eyes of The Insane(Christ Illusion)
Ministry - Lies, Lies, Lies(Rio Grande Blood)
Mastodon - Colony Of Birchmen(Blood Mountain)
Stone Sour - 30/30-150(Shitty album)

I'm rooting for Ministry. Best song of the bunch by far.

i haven't heard any Ministry. out of the remaining, i'd vote for the Mastodon song. Blood Mountain is an amazing album.

It's better then Korn and Slipknot but I never would never associate metal with grammys.

Although it would be kinda fucking cool if they had N3kr0 awards for for most kvlt band and worst production.

The Grammy awards are, in essence, given to reward those albums/songs that demonstrated the broadest appeal (not to be confused with the albums that sold the most copies, which is a linear measure of the marketing might of the respective superlabels). Given this, one can expect the 'Metal' category to be filled with whichever form of heavy music is being mistaken for metal this year. I feel somewhat gratified that any actual metal made the list at all.

I'm surprised no Tool - they won for the last two albums they released

Maiden was actually nominated one time.

At least they are nominating Slayer when they returned to their roots. That should count for something.

Maiden was actually nominated one time.

At least they are nominating Slayer when they returned to their roots. That should count for something.

Yeah, but there were much better songs than 'Eyes Of The Insane' on their latest. Still, I shouldn't complain really, when the likes of Linkin Park, Korn etc. aren't making a list such as this.