Lana Lane - a long shot, but worth consideration

The Fiddler

Just Do It.
Nov 27, 2002
Heaven and Hell
I was just wondering how many of our forum members enjoy listening to Lana Lane? In my opinion, she has the best voice in melodic/prog rock. Admittedly, she isn't really metal, but there is a good dose of prog in her songs. A recent release, "Secrets of Astrology" featured Ayreon guitarist Arjen Lucassen and is no question a prog metal disc. It wouldn't be hard for her to choose a solid 60 minutes of material that would be heavy enough for PP IV.

And I could be wrong with this next statement, but I don't think there has been a female solo act yet to perform at PP USA. Lana would be a very classy act to be the first to have that honor.

Devin Townsend didn't quite fit the format for PP III, but he was met with much success. I'd love to see Lana and Erik Norlander get an opening spot and some much needed exoposure in th!e United States. They've been working very, very hard for a long time.

Merry Christmas!

I haven't actually heard any of her stuff, but from what I've heard OF it, it sounds great. I asked for a few of her CDs for Christmas, so we'll see. And, only from what I know, I think she would be a great fit at PP IV. Would surely be a welcome change of pace and, as you said, would add some class to the event, though it's not like class is an absolute necessity at a metal show.

The only stuff I've heard of her's is the Ayreon work (Arjen is a genius! \m/) and I LOVE it! I definately agree that she has a beautiful voice! I'd love to see/hear her get more involved in the Prog/Power scene!

~Sh0k~

I have a few of her cds... all are great.

Here's some obscure trivia for you...

Guess who's her cousin... (tic toc tic toc)

Davey Vain from none other than 80s glamslam band Vain, also produced Death Angel's 1st album and a handful of other thrash acts back in the 80s.

On one of her discs she covers an old Vain power ballad.. very nicely too.

I kinda agree, I'm not sure if she fits the bill that well or not, but it would probably be the only chance to see her - so sure! :)

SINERGY would fit like a glove though (hint hint)

Originally posted by Creeps
I have a few of her cds... all are great.

Here's some obscure trivia for you...

Guess who's her cousin... (tic toc tic toc)

Davey Vain from none other than 80s glamslam band Vain, also produced Death Angel's 1st album and a handful of other thrash acts back in the 80s.

On one of her discs she covers an old Vain power ballad.. very nicely too.

I kinda agree, I'm not sure if she fits the bill that well or not, but it would probably be the only chance to see her - so sure! :)

SINERGY would fit like a glove though (hint hint)

GOD! I THOUGHT I WAS FILLED WITH USELESS FACTS, BUT THAT ONE TAKES THE CAKE! BUT INTERESTING TO SAY THE LEAST......

I think Lana would be an excellent addition to the fest! I think it's about time she played a big show here in the U.S.!
:headbang:

having a female fronted band would also be a nice change of pace for the fest!

other ideas for female fronted acts at PP4 would be Sinergy, Edenbridge, or if hell froze over... Nightwish.

"....and you know what else would really draw a crowd? a golfer growing a third arm out his ass!" - quote from Happy Gilmore

:D

\m/
Dustin