One last vote for Lana Lane

The Fiddler

Just Do It.
Nov 27, 2002
Heaven and Hell
Sounds like there are only a few spots left to fill on the PP IV lineup. I sure hope :worship: Lana Lane is one of them. I'm listening to her "Secrets of Astrology" disc and I can think of no better female vocalist - or better looking :eek: - to be the first to grace the PP USA main stage.

Good choices too. I would prefer Lana since she doesn't have a throaty male counterpart on any of her stuff. I just have never been able to get into the Cookie Monster vocals, even if they only come up for short periods in the songs. Being from LA and not Europe, the logistics of getting Lana to Atlanta would be a bit less challenging than if she were from Europe.

Of course, the best scenario would be to have both Lana and Nightwish at PPIV.

Nightwish would be superb, Lana Lane would be awesome...does anyone here like Within Temptation? It seems like they don't get much recognition...I've only heard Mother Earth, because I read the earlier albums have some death metal vocals, which I hate. But Mother Earth is an outstanding album, and I think they'd be a great fit at PP as well.

I know it would not be Prog but Lacuna Coil would be cool. Great female vocals and no Cookie Monster back up. It really sucked they had to cancel off the Opeth tour due to visa problems.

Originally posted by nightwish58
What is this album like? I strayed away from them exactly b/c of the death vocals, but if they did away with it and sound clean, I may be interested.

Hmm...*sucks at describing what bands sound like* Perhaps a more musically varied and inspired Edenbridge. One of my favorite aspects of their sound is the versatility of the lead woman's voice. Sometimes she sounds like the Edenbridge woman except with more power, and sometimes I honestly think she kinda sounds like Bjork...in a good way. At any rate there is definitely no more cookie monster action, and if you like Nightwish and Lana Lane, I'm sure you'll like this album.

Originally posted by chibitotoro
Hmm...*sucks at describing what bands sound like* Perhaps a more musically varied and inspired Edenbridge. One of my favorite aspects of their sound is the versatility of the lead woman's voice. Sometimes she sounds like the Edenbridge woman except with more power, and sometimes I honestly think she kinda sounds like Bjork...in a good way. At any rate there is definitely no more cookie monster action, and if you like Nightwish and Lana Lane, I'm sure you'll like this album.

I'd say that's a fairly good description of Within Temptation. I liked their first album, Enter, even with the death-like male vox. I really liked Mother Earth, and they look great live on the Mother Earth Tour DVD. I'd love to see these guys at a future ProgPower. I'd also love to see Lana Lane or After Forever, but, like may others, my Number 1 choice would be Nightwish. :)

--Mike

Yes, the female fronted bands have been in very short supply. Any of the aforementioned bands/performers would be cool. I'm even going to throw in an odd choice in LULLACRY. Very rockin' band with a great new singer!