The Lana Lane Thread

BARfest

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
All--

One of the reasons that I am doing the March and the May show is because of the strong talent we have in the Bay Area and Southern Cal between Enchant, Zero Hour, Vicious Rumours, Redemption, Spocks Beard, Timeline etc., etc., -- I have been blown away by some of the bands that I have found along the past few months and hope to be doing some work to get these local bands recognized--

What I didn't realize is that 2 of the most talented musicians that I have not listened to in a while are now in the Bay Area.. Lana Lane and Erik Norlander- For those of you who don't know- Lana has a voice very similar to Ann Wilson of Heart and with Eriks' playing- they are one of the most unknown talents in the US while they do very well overseas-- They WILL be a part of what I do in the future.. I encourage everyone to check them out-- I just have Secrets of Astrology, and it is amazing!! Their other project Rocket Scientists is doing a few gigs here and there across the US.

Lana Lane is the best female vocalist--clean vocals--on the planet. I absolutely agree that she sounds like Ann Wilson (in the good ol' days) but with more power and range. Secrets of Astrology is a fantastic CD. I have most of what she has done and the live DVD. I have to join David in strongly recommending everyone check out Lana and Erik's solo projects and joint projects. I can only hope that David can maintain what looks to be an awesome new concert promotions record and bring us Lana and Erik in concert in the Bay Area sometime in the near future.

*Noted*

Thanks for the recommendation. I will definitely check their stuff out. I very much would like to find some great stuff with some nice clean female vocals.