Land if the Dead

I've loved every zombie film that Romero has put out, and feel that this one will be no different. I hate the recent "running zombie" craze and will welcome the return to the slow. The plot and cast seems strong the only that could ruin it will be the big company intervention, hopefully Romero will stand his ground.

George said:
I've loved every zombie film that Romero has put out, and feel that this one will be no different. I hate the recent "running zombie" craze and will welcome the return to the slow. The plot and cast seems strong the only that could ruin it will be the big company intervention, hopefully Romero will stand his ground.
\\Thats one of the reasons I didn't really too much like george's take on zombies, the shamblers are creepy and such but they aren't threatening and if you think about it it's not possible for such an epidemic with shamblers. Runners on the other hand are more threatening and far more horrific and makes some what more sense. Either way I like both but the runners are the best...

zombies are my fav horror types
Dawn of the Dead was the first movie to scare me as an adult, I don't know why, so I have a soft spot in my heart for Romero's zombies
the trailer looked cool...everything so dark and utterly desolate
4536.gif

Zombie movies are good date movies also, I took a date to Dawn of the Dead (new) when it came out. She was scared to death, all over me, it ended up being even better after the movie. But the funny thing is, I was probably just as scared as she was. I was traumatized so I couldn't move - it made me look brave:)

I actually find the slower zombie to have a much more effect than the fast running ones. When I see a zombie running it looks to be a real person, the only "good" running zombie I saw was the priest in 28 days later, the rest are obviously extras hired to sprint in front of a camera.
With a walking zombie it's very easy to believe that these things are dead, and when they are in big numbers (Which Romero shows very often) they are very dangerous as seen in the numerous feasting scenes....something that was missing from the remake.
Now how this spread so fast was easily shown in the original Dawn of Dead, with the apartment complex. The people were very attached to their relatives who recently became zombies that they couldn't kill them and inevitably were bitten them selves. This vicious cycle lead to the epidemic.

George said:
I actually find the slower zombie to have a much more effect than the fast running ones. When I see a zombie running it looks to be a real person, the only "good" running zombie I saw was the priest in 28 days later, the rest are obviously extras hired to sprint in front of a camera.
With a walking zombie it's very easy to believe that these things are dead, and when they are in big numbers (Which Romero shows very often) they are very dangerous as seen in the numerous feasting scenes....something that was missing from the remake.
Now how this spread so fast was easily shown in the original Dawn of Dead, with the apartment complex. The people were very attached to their relatives who recently became zombies that they couldn't kill them and inevitably were bitten them selves. This vicious cycle lead to the epidemic.

slow zombies never made sense to me, because they should never be slow like that, rig never sets in until several hours after death. Slow zombies should also not be able to make any groans like they constantly do, gas from decay takes a while to build it's nto continious enough for groans like that. if you want to get technical neither are really made to seem real thats why their zombie's, fast or slow they will always look authentic in science fiction. Secondly no, thats possible such a cycle can happen but it wouldn't be forever perpetual in that it would go unnoticed until humanity broke down, a cop or two would be attacked, a reporter would get wind, hospitals would be not privy to such a slow epic for long, after about at least a few hours up to a day we could discover the problem and isolate it. The slow zombie just does make sense in creating such an epidemic.

You're arguing over whether zombies should be slow from a scientific perspective. Realize that there aren't any zombies, therefore, you're applying a paradigm(conventional biology) to something it doesn't apply to(zombie movies).

The zombies don't need to move at any particular speed for there to be an epidemic because supposedly(if my memory of the first one isn't failing me), something unknown happened that caused the dead to turn into zombies. There are a lot of dead people. I'm not sure if it was ever established that the phenomenon was localized. If the dead that weren't yet mere skeletons became zombies, there's already an epidemic before they infect the living.