Laney GH100L + GuitarHack's impulses

Sounds pretty good. I would however lower the gain a bit and maybe also slighty reduce the treble. There's some harsh bity thing going on in the upper frequencies that is not particularly pleasant to the ears in my opion. Pretty tight otherwise, bass also sounds good.

Great tone and song as always! Sounds even better than your AmpSim examples to me.
But I agree with mr.L., there is some treble noise and also some clipping when you mute the strings (between 0:50 and 1:10).

Could you give some infos on the recording chain?! Do you use the FX send from the Laney or do you use a dummy load?
I'd also love to know your EQ settings for making the guitars sound that punchy :headbang:

yeah man please give details like divisionbyzero said it sounds good..i have a laney gh50l and i cant make it sound that good with impulses what impulses did you use and details on the laney settings...keep up the good work!!!!!!!

That's a pretty brutal tone & production you got there! Just a little bit less gain & trebblle like mr L. said and it could be even better. There's definately something unpleasant in the highs that can be a bit "nauseating" in the long run.

Thank's for the kind words :)

Yup, I get what you guys mean about that annoying treble issue. For some reason most of my latest recordings have had that issue, don't know why really. Maybe I spend too much time mixing without letting the ears rest. I checked the amp settings now and the presence on the Laney was on max.. hah. And yeah, too much gain for quad tracking :)

zakky: I used GuitarHacks "Mesa Trad Quad Between" impulse. I'm gonna record some other stuff with the Laney, I'll give you the settings then :) I use a TS9 with it, really helps to give that amp a more "brutal" character.

DivisionByZero: Yeah, I used the FX send from the Laney. Here's the chain: Guitar - TS9 - Laney GH100L - Crappiest soundcard ever. I'll post the EQ-settings later on, I didn't save the preset, so I'll record something else and then give it to ya :)

yeah, indeed some nice stuff man, like the music and tight playing.
On first eerr... ear, guitar seems a bit thin but then listening further in the mix it fits and doesn't anoy anymore, its just the first 2 seconds it comes in.. i dunno, pretty weird!
One hell of a tone coming out of that laney anyway, i heard most of the sound like marschall on steroids?

And whats the bassdistortion? nice and gritty!

Thank's again :) Haha, a Marshall on steroids :D I guess it sounds thin at first because the bass is louder in the beginning (when there's only the clean guitars and the bass) than in the rest of the mix. I used the Warp guitar plugin for the bass, which is actually a pitched clean guitar :p That plug sucks for what it's meant for, but works nice on bass haha..